TAPT Version 71.0 Kent Branstetter never votes for an incumbent

Tupperware declared bankruptcy. apparently 90% of their sales were still direct to consumers (think "tupperware parties") and you were only able to buy their stuff online since 2020.

This has to be the weirdest victim of the pandemic.  Like people have been successfully selling things on the internet since the 90s and in stores for far longer than that.

12 hours ago, Leader said:

When you say you were fine the next day - is that you felt fine or you tested again and came up negative?

I caught my COVID from some healthcare workers who were giving home care to my Dad. We were all vaxxed & boosted but what we didnt consider was these healthcare workers. They were assisting other individuals & families in other households were in *close contact* with a whole host of people - then us.

I never felt really bad. I was prompted to test myself because I didnt feel right one morning, then had a discernable moment of energy drain. Since I was headed to my Dad's house at the time, I thought I'd better test so as not to get him sick. The test came back positive and I had to stay home for a 5-6 days till I tested negative again.

I felt fine the next day.  

I got the vaccine, it was coming up to time to get a booster.  I got covid.  Never got any booster shots.  

57 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Tupperware declared bankruptcy. apparently 90% of their sales were still direct to consumers (think "tupperware parties") and you were only able to buy their stuff online since 2020.

This has to be the weirdest victim of the pandemic.  Like people have been successfully selling things on the internet since the 90s and in stores for far longer than that.

It still gets me that Sears was basically Amazon, if they wanted to be that, but instead decided to stick with the mail order catalogs.  They pretty much had the infrastructure already there, they just had to put it on the internet.  Now, they are completely gone, they don't even have a tower in Chicago anymore.

Also, I was talking about tupperware today.  It was an amazing product, but too good for what it was for.  I use what I would call semi-disposable rubbermaid containers to take salads for my lunch.  If I lose it or break it, a 5 pack was like 6 bucks.  If I make something for my parents to take home, they can just keep it.  Versus the tupperware, which was a lot nicer, and you want it back.