College Football 25 Dynasty - Kent State Golden Flashes

27 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I gotta figure out a better way to present the recruiting week to week rather than these giant spreadsheets. 

I'd start by showing us who you're actively recruiting, and then another section of players you're scouting/guys catching your interest.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Danger said:

I'd start by showing us who you're actively recruiting, and then another section of players you're scouting/guys catching your interest.

Well I'm going to scrap like 20 more players off of that board after Week 2. I haven't been able to make any ground on a lot of the guys and I'm going to pivot the majority of the board to players who don't appear to be getting recruited by other schools. 

edit- but ya I don't like the presentation of the massive spreadsheet right now. 

Edited by MKnight82

11 minutes ago, Danger said:

Looks really clean. How do you feel about it all in all?

I can get some crystal clear images doing that but the process to upload one is quite tedious. I had to capture the image, then upload the image from the xbox to one drive. Then go to my laptop, log into one drive, download the image to my C drive. Then upload the image to Imgur for hosting then copy that link to the forum. Probably faster than making a spreadsheet though and it looks cleaner. 

Year 1 - Week 3

nyrkRWk.png

I've ended up playing all 3 games so far, mostly because I want to level up my coach. I won my 3rd game in a row. Starting QB Tommy Ulatowski only threw for 165 yards but had 1 TD and no turnovers. Starting RB Gavin Garcia carried the offense with 110 yards on the ground and a TD. Starting WR Chrishon McCray is pretty talented bringing in 104 receiving yards. He didn't make the endzone in this one though. On defense, I created no sacks at all but both of my starting Safeties landed an INT each to help seal the win. 

I'm not going to update the recruiting spreadsheet anymore I'm going to do a more streamlined update starting with Week 4. 

• Like 1

Year 1 - Week 4

oNKDko8.png

4 weeks in and I'm 4-0. Really my only challenge has been against Pittsburgh. I am playing on Heisman but maybe I should have scheduled some harder opponents. That isn't going to happen with me heading into conference play. I think I'm going to sim the rest of the year out because I've already gotten the 4 required wins of my HC contract and I want to get to the next season and finish up this first recruiting class. 

Regarding this game, QB Ulatowski threw for 227 yards, 1 TD and no turnovers. I have yet to throw an INT so far this season. I had a double headed monster rushing attack with starting HB Garcia getting 74 yards and 2 TDs and the backup HB Ky Thomas getting 109 yards and another 2 TDs. WR McCray played well again with 115 yards and a TD. On defense, not a lot of big plays. LOLB Rocco Nicholl had my lone sack. No turnovers this game. 

Oh here's my stadium. Its pretty sad. And empty. 

6y3HN8o.png 

RECRUITING NEWS - WEEK 4

2X1pnQR.png

Year 1 - Week 5

XnSmqKw.png

Well there's the first lost of the year. Kind of sucks to lose to an 0-4 team but my roster is pretty garbage. QB Ulatowski threw for 164 yards, 1 TD and his first INT of the season. The ground game was nonexistent, HB Garcia had 5 rushes for 15 yards. WR Hayden Junker led the team with 5 catches for 40 yards. WR McCray added another TD though. On defense DE Stephen Daley had a sack and 2 TFL. He had a really good game too bad the team couldn't score. 

GvKvKg1.png

RECRUITING NEWS - WEEK 5

0YeQHDg.png

Still no commitments yet. I have a few guys that are ready to visit. 

Year 1 - Week 7

uZqs2kQ.png

I played this game because I had my first recruits visiting and I completely demolished Ball State. They actually have a lower rated roster than mine somehow. QB Ulatowski threw for 344 yards with 4 TDs and no turnovers. HB Garcia went nuts for 193 yards and 3 TDs. WR McCray had 128 yards and 2 Tds. On defense, DT John Jackson had my only sack of the game, but SS Jaylen Griffen contributed 3 TFL. No INTs but DT Oliver Billotte caused a FF. 

RECRUITING NEWS - WEEK 7

GxOIePv.png

I finally signed my first 2 recruits! RE Carruthers locked me out. A bunch of guys have gotten down to their final 3 schools. 

yUcoE8i.png

My first signed recruit of College Football 25! He's a 3 star JUCO (SO) Center. They don't seem to show OVRs yet. He has 86 STR, 83 PBP, 85 IB, but only 71 RB. My oline is pretty trash so he should start right away somewhere on the interior. He also has Mental Traits of Clearheaded and Fan Favorite. Whatever those mean. 

mMjF0lf.png

WR Brenton Burton is only a 1 star recruit but he's a GEM, so he's probably more like a solid 2 star recruit. I'll take that for my roster. He's 6'2"with 85 SPD but only 79 ACC. SPEC catch is 76 but CTH is only 66. Not sure he'll ever be much of a starter but should help out roster depth. 

• Like 1