Training Camp Notes/Discussion/Observations Thread

Not really as big of an “uh oh” as it’s being made to be, IMO…I’ve been preaching patience with the Judon stuff, but it’s confusing to me why they don’t at least fatten up his final year in his deal, if not extend him another 2 years outright. Dude’s been a captain, a team leader, professional, productive, and as pro-Patriot as you can be since he’s gotten here. They’re rewarding tons of players for doing things “the right way”, it really should’ve started with Judon.

I know he’s older and coming off injury, but this just seems like one of those no-brainers, to me. I’m not saying to make him the highest paid player, but he’s severely underpaid compared to what he brings to the defense. Cant help but wonder why the hold up.

First padded practice. Reportedly: Wallace held up well at LT overall. Chuks not so much at RT. Baker, Thornton, and Polk with big days at WR. Another day of Jacoby’s consistency outshining Maye’s ups and downs. Antonio Gibson getting his reps. 

I haven’t heard a peep on guys like KJ Osborn, any of the non-Dugger/Peppers/Schooler safeties, or any of the IDL. 

I don't understand why they are concern with his health/injury.  You have doctors. Every player gets hurt. He doesn't have a history. I have to question why that's one of the reason.

They gave a RB that been injured a boat load, what up with that!!!  IMO that contract is nuts . Based on what they have on offense,  LS again will be overused and mostly likely injured again.  He 26 his style you can add 2/3 years to his body.  Don't get me wrong I like the player its the contract that tick me off. 

What loser team pays a boat load for a running back that has a awful OL and a journeyman QB as a starter.  Let's bring back the fans favorite players that have to somehow put fanny's in the seats.  Winning that not happening this year

I understand the age factor however many have played in there thirties. Judon has got  better with age.

Players in thirties   https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/sacking-father-time-elite-pass-rushers-productive-into-their-30s/

He our best player and a leader give him a 2 year contact with a 3rd team option.  Pay him.

They gave Dugger 14 mil and he just a box safety with average coverage skills. Fans look at him like he's a star. He is for the losing Pats (homers) fans that it.

So far I have seen little to be impressed. It starts with "My dynasty"  Fredo Kraft !!!!

Just throwing this out there. I knew they would be one of the worse team in 2024 how did they not see that and plan accordingly ???

I not a fan of Maye.   I would of traded for picks work the board and drafted a QB in 25.

I like Carson Beck and Quinn Ewers over Maye. ( I have a right to change my mind after the college season 😁 !!!!!)   It bugs me to death that he is the 3rd pick based on pure physical projection that doesn't know BY NOW how to set his feet.  My son learned that in Pop Warner !!!!

Currently dealing with a few injuries along their offensive front, the Rams are bringing in an offensive lineman. Per Mike Garafolo of NFL Media, Los Angeles is expected to sign Conor McDermott.

McDermott, 31, began his career as a Patriots sixth-round pick out of UCLA back in 2017 and recently concluded his second stint with the team. He appeared in six games with five starts for the Patriots last year after starting six games for the club in 2022.

Over the last seven seasons, McDermott has played 55 games with 17 starts for the Bills, Jets, and Patriots.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/rams-are-expected-to-sign-ol-conor-mcdermott

Seems like the top OL is pretty much set. Subject to change, obviously, but it’s been consistent the last few days and during the opener. Mayo did say he was looking to lock the top group in soon.

Lowe - Sow - Andrews - Onwenu - Okorafor.

Uh oh.

Some back and forth between the two teams, but easily the most prevalent comment so far has been that the OL is getting beat like a drum. Pressure, would-be sacks, and not much room in the run game with the 1s is all I’ve heard out of the OL vs Philly so far.

It seems unlikely at this point, but I hope Robinson can continue growing at guard so Onwenu can kick back out to the right side. Having one bookend be a problem is way less of an issue than both. Not even going to bring up Strange, that train has left the station…

The offense is going to have to get creative in slowing down the rush. Run game, screens, motions, misdirections, RPOs, play action.