Drake Maye

2 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

Also, it doesn't matter arguing over this. Brisset is a complete and utter statue. He likely gets injured Week 1 anyways.

I'm not arguing with you. At the end of the day, we just talk about football and have no say in any of this. 

• Like 1

Just now, jofos said:

I'm not arguing with you. At the end of the day, we just talk about football and have no say in any of this. 

Look forward to watching Maye/Polk this year. I'm a Raider fan but it's weird cause the AFC East seems to have all my favorites I wanna cheer for. Rodgers/Breece/Wilson/Sauce I love. Maye/Polk I love. Josh Allen/Ray Davis I love. 

• Like 1

On 8/16/2024 at 2:26 PM, m haynes said:

Watch and dream of things to come !!!!!!!

1st two minutes is jaw dropping    6.20 is my favorite he walks the guy off the field.

Update    Couple things.  I know it way to early, but this brought the hairs up !

1. I heard (Tom Curran) for the 1st time that Pats (have to) will look into trading the pick for the right offer.

2.  I have watched OL tapes.  IMO there is only one LT in this draft that can start day one.  The class is really weak, MOF I don't like any in the 1st RD. Except Campbell.  Pats are not in a position to trade down for a good OT that needs work. The clock is ticking with Maye.

3.  IOL has 3/4 guys that look like 2/3 rd picks with talent. Top two OG, Tyler Booker and Donovan Jackson, both impressive.

Thought I'm a big believer in trading down, the smart way, however they better have a plan in place if they pass on Campbell. I'm talking quality starter, not the way they been doing it for years.. close their eyes, throw it against the wall. We'll take him !!!! Major concern, if they don't fix LT/OL they will be wasting Mayes first three years, maybe 4.  I'm not sure about contracts but if this happen, if I'm Maye I would run out the door to FA !!!!!  The only way I stay is with the greatest contract in NFL history and the way it seems Kraft won't pay. I can here Kraft now, Drake to win we need you to take less for the good of the team, just like Tommy !!!!!! What a load a crap. The cap is just a excuse to not pay.

KC doesn't seem to have a problem coming up with the DRM  !!!!!  I get sick every time I here they shelled out another big bucks contract and I have to watch Joe Thuney. 

With all do respect.

This is not a cap post so don't bother.  I could care less, it bores the heck out of me, talking about something that no ones knows about but the teams legal departments and bean counters.

Edited by m haynes

14 hours ago, Soko said:

We can agree to disagree on some aspects here, but I’ll just ask the same question that went unanswered in another thread: what if the line isn’t addressed this next offseason? Do you sit Maye again and say “would you sacrifice 15 years of Drake Maye’s future for a mediocre 2025 season?”

The beauty of this is, even if you put Maye in at some point and he’s taking too many hits - you can put Brissett back in. Yes, coaches can do that.

I think i said I’d be surprised if they didn’t address the OL at all. But hypothetically if they do not improve the OL at all - then yes. Keep on sitting him. I don’t want him to break.

Being (trying to) a voice of reason here…

Jofos has been down on Drake since day 1 and has said we’ll be picking Ewers 1st overall next year 

Tank4Drake is literally called Tank4Drake and is a fanboy

The reality is probably somewhere in the middle. :) 

14 hours ago, jofos said:

You have watched as a fan, you need to rewatch. 

It's not perfect but it's certainly better than where it was at UNC.  Just watch some of the tape.  At UNC he stands straight up and down in the pocket like a damn statue.  His whole form is different now.

As bad as this oline is, is LT really the primary position of need?  

Hypothetically, if the Pat's secured the best LT in the draft next year and the line looked like

Campbell-Sow-Andrews-Onwenu-Wallace

Going into 2025, then that at least has the makings of pretty capable line, doesn't it?

1 hour ago, prob2236 said:

Hypothetically, if the Pat's secured the best LT in the draft next year and the line looked like

Going into 2025, then that at least has the makings of pretty capable line, doesn't it?

Here some thought to take in, if they draft Campbell.

Sow just got better.

Maye doesn't have to worry blind side for the next 10/15 years

No need to use a TE or chip with a back.

The best defensive player/ sack guy plays on the left side.

The line can shift to the right. Leave him one on one.

Running game better,

Goal line run.

Nearly impossible to get one w/o high draft choice.

LAST  My favorite. Fairbanks drafted Hannah than he got (recall,  might be wrong when they had LG) Leon Grey. The duo was the reason the Pats ran for 3,165 yards in 1978 !!!!!!!!

You want a offense and protection for Maye, draft Campbell than follow up with a stud OG

Tyler Booker  Alabama 6'5 352 lbs

Donovan Jackson  Ohio State  6'4"320 LBs

Idiot Wolf will go with Strange and Sow who are Jags !!!!!

Added If you get a top center, you now have 4 studs  this includes OL Fat boy Owenu !!!!!

Done with 2 picks and a backup to Andrews .

Edited by m haynes

3 hours ago, prob2236 said:

Yup. The line’s not as far away as it seems, and it does seem far.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, m haynes said:

Here some thought to take in, if they draft Campbell.

Sow just got better.

Maye doesn't have to worry blind side for the next 10/15 years

No need to use a TE or chip with a back.

The best defensive player/ sack guy plays on the left side.

The line can shift to the right. Leave him one on one.

Running game better,

Goal line run.

Nearly impossible to get one w/o high draft choice.

LAST  My favorite. Fairbanks drafted Hannah than he got (recall,  might be wrong when they had LG) Leon Grey. The duo was the reason the Pats ran for 3,165 yards in 1978 !!!!!!!!

You want a offense and protection for Maye, draft Campbell than follow up with a stud OG

Tyler Booker  Alabama 6'5 352 lbs

Donovan Jackson  Ohio State  6'4"320 LBs

Idiot Wolf will go with Strange and Sow who are Jags !!!!!

Added If you get a top center, you now have 4 studs  this includes OL Fat boy Owenu !!!!!

Done with 2 picks and a backup to Andrews .

It's probably also much easier to find a talented guard than it is a LT in free agency.  You'll have to spend a premium pick to get the LT but once you do, the task of shoring up the oline becomes infinitely easier.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Being (trying to) a voice of reason here…

Jofos has been down on Drake since day 1 and has said we’ll be picking Ewers 1st overall next year 

Tank4Drake is literally called Tank4Drake and is a fanboy

The reality is probably somewhere in the middle. :) 

I’m a fan of talent. Not a blind homer. Do you see me cheering someone like Will Levis because he has a nuke arm and can run a little? No. Levis is dumb as bricks, can’t throw in windows, and horrendous pocket presence. 

Drake Maye has a laser. 

Drake Maye has Josh Allen legs and will rush for 500 yards a season.

Maye can fit any throw into a tight window. 

Maye can extend a play at a premium high level. 

Maye is a dawg and loves contact (you wouldn’t believe how many QB’s in the NFL hate getting hit, including Jacoby “Cooked” Brisket).

Maye is 6’4” nearly 6’5”

Maye is thick as hell and can absorb tons of NFL hits and be fine.

SUPER high football IQ

Is NOT rattled by pressure. Some Tom Brady level poise and confidence. 

Honestly the best QB Prospect I have scouted since Burrow. 

Edited by Tank4Drake

You guys do realize Maye had one of the worst OL’s in college right? You guys do realize the Commanders OL is much worse than the Pats and Jayden is starting right? And Jayden is built like a twig. Commanders have the worst OL of any team this year of the past few years. 

You also realize Maye is a master of extending plays and escaping pressure right?

Start the damn kid.