Falcons sign Safety Justin Simmons

SteelKing728

27 minutes ago, scar988 said:

FWIW, the Falcons are big on that kind of dude. Almost every Falcons star through the years has had charities that go hand in hand with what Arthur Blank believes there (give back to the community because the community is why they're here).

Makes sense. Justin was our nominee for the Man of the Year award a bunch of the years he was here. Just genuinely seems like a great human

2 minutes ago, Dbrog24 said:

Makes sense. Justin was our nominee for the Man of the Year award a bunch of the years he was here. Just genuinely seems like a great human

Yeah, that will fit in just fine with dudes like Grady Jarrett, Warrick Dunn (part owner now), Arthur Blank, Bijan, Drake, Pitts, Elliss, Landman, Onyemata, Terrell who have all set up charities since their time in ATL started. Falcons are big big on charity work.

• Like 1

On 8/16/2024 at 7:12 AM, Ozzy said:

Well based on the signings of Simmons and Judon, they want their Super Bowl shot to be right now.

Because I doubt they will be able to long term sign Simmons or Judon honestly with the little cap room they have in the coming years, surprised they could even sign them this year honestly.

Not sure they can get it done but getting two elite players like that is a big move and they want it to pay off right now with a Super Bowl appearance.  Not sure it will happen with Cousins at QB but maybe he is better than he was in Minnesota and he looks better off the torn achilles. Doubt that is the case though.

I mean, I hope but I'm being realistic too. Get into the playoffs and see what happens. Those runs rarely come to fruition Year 1 with a new HC, OC, DC, and large player turnover (which happened to be upgrades pretty much across the board thankfully).