Preseason: Wk 2 @ Patriots

Nabbs4u

All of the LB's flashed.  Baun made some plays early, Dean was active all over the field, and Trotter minus 1 rep where he looked like a rookie was everywhere also.  Truthfully Devin White may have had the shakiest night of the 4.  LB might actually not be a disaster and be solid this year.  VanSumeren and Smith also made some plays later on.  Burks is probably cooked at this point missing too much time.  Smith would be a good practice squad candidate bc I can't imagine they keep more than 5 ILB's.

26 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

CB, I think Jobe is going to make the team over Ricks.  I don't think either separated themselves from one or the other and Jobe is a special teams contributor, so Ricks needs to clearly separate himself to have a chance at securing one of the final roster spots.

One thing i'll say about Ricks is it would be nice to be able to hold onto him for next year because Slay and possibly Rodgers will be gone next year. He could be the immediate backup outside CB if thats the case. Otherwise we'll have to draft a CB or two to replace the depth.

12 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

If it was any other player, people would be pimping the fact he has 2 sacks, in what? 30 pre-season snaps? Tonights, actually on a DBL team?? 👌

People just have to hate for the sake of their original agendas.  Sad really. 

One unblocked and another one on a miscommunication on the third quarter of the second preseason game? Come on Nabbs, more like, if he weren't a first round pick we would be pimping those stats. The bar should be way higher for a player like him.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

One unblocked and another one on a miscommunication on the third quarter of the second preseason game? Come on Nabbs, more like, if he weren't a first round pick we would be pimping those stats. The bar should be way higher for a player like him.  

He had an up and down game.  My biggest takeaway watching Smith is his pass rush repertoire is unrefined.  Early in the game he kept trying to bull rush the guy and was getting eaten up.  When he's able to use his speed and athleticism he gets to the ball quick.  I don't want to see him bull rush a guy ever again.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

He had an up and down game.  My biggest takeaway watching Smith is his pass rush repertoire is unrefined.  Early in the game he kept trying to bull rush the guy and was getting eaten up.  When he's able to use his speed and athleticism he gets to the ball quick.  I don't want to see him bull rush a guy ever again.

Yeah we might have to be Brandon Graham level patient when it comes to Nolan Smith. He might take the longest out of all the Bulldogs to reach his peak. Which is a bit worrisome because of how much playing time hes going to get this year and we're going to need him to produce.

Edited by UndyTaker

23 minutes ago, UndyTaker said:

Yeah we might have to be Brandon Graham level patient when it comes to Nolan Smith. He might take the longest out of all the Bulldogs to reach his peak. Which is a bit worrisome because of how much playing time hes going to get this year and we're going to need him to produce.

Yeah I think he's going to be a frustrating player to watch this year.  At times he flashes why he was a 1st Rd pick, other times he absolutely gets erased.  There will be growing pains and someone needs to teach him how to use his athleticism to his advantage.  You watch a guy like Jalen Carter and you immediately get an appreciation for just how good he is because he knows where he's going before the ball is even snapped and uses the offensive linemans own leverage against them, sets em up, and then just rag dolls em.  On that note, I want to see more of Booker.  I had heard good things about the camp that he was having, but that was the 1st time I really got to pay attention to him.  I saw enough to be intrigued.  He had 2 reps that stood out where he perfectly set the guy up and won cleanly.  There was plenty there to make me think he looks the part of an NFL player.  I want more of him in the 3rd game.

• Like 1

I really liked the Jalyx Hunt pick, I know probably just over half of you weren't huge fans. Dude is just so toolsy. With a coach like Fangio, I think it was a great selection. Would have never wanted him under Schwartz.

5 minutes ago, Danger said:

I really liked the Jalyx Hunt pick, I know probably just over half of you weren't huge fans. Dude is just so toolsy. With a coach like Fangio, I think it was a great selection. Would have never wanted him under Schwartz.

I absolutely hated it. Was pretty sure it was a waste of a pick. It doesn't look to be the case, I hope so. Because for a team that values edges so much (as they should), we suck at drafting and developing them. 

3 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

I absolutely hated it. Was pretty sure it was a waste of a pick. It doesn't look to be the case, I hope so. Because for a team that values edges so much (as they should), we suck at drafting and developing them. 

Not gonna lie I hated that we kept moving down because I wanted Roman Wilson and then Steelers ended up taking him right before we took Jaylx

2 minutes ago, UndyTaker said:

Not gonna lie I hated that we kept moving down because I wanted Roman Wilson and then Steelers ended up taking him right before we took Jaylx

I wanted Roman too, without a doubt.

BUT, I think Jaylx will be a good player for years for us.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, UndyTaker said:

The endless trade down to end up selecting a 23 year old safety converted to edge from a private school that has never had a player drafted in its history, that is far from inspiring. Hard to imagine that was the best prospect available with a 3rd round pick. 

Not saying he won't suck, but he has already shown more that I thought he ever would. 

Edited by Broadway Joe

1 hour ago, UndyTaker said:

Love seeing this

That might be the single most encouraging rep from Bryce huff the whole offseason. The violence and strength is probably his most questioned aspect of his game. To see him set the edge and throw the guy was exciting.

Hunt had me at his press conference. The guy has it. He’s got the body to match what seems to be intensity and athleticism. He’s already looking like an exciting swing in the draft. He was supposed to be a project but there’s a legitimate argument for this guy being the 3rd or 4th guy in the edge rotation