2024 Eagles regular season

14 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

That extension might have been the worst move of what was a terrible off-season and it didn't look like a bad move at the time. 

It's unfortunate.  When the decline happens for a corner it often is sudden.  It's definitely curious timing though for an injury.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

What a waste of space.  Just put him in season ending IR and open up that roster spot.

Well is there even another option now?

The other two IR spots for return are taken. Can he go on PUP short turn? Or I guess season ending IR though what's the point in that really?  Is getting cut immediately after a injury even allowed, a option?

So does that mean Sam or Stern get the PS promotion? 

Edited by Nabbs4u

The injury is whatever, he’s been paid already regardless. If anything this just proves they were hoping someone would take him.

why they didn’t want to cut him is beyond me. Other than maybe Bradberry and the eagles were fine to have him sit around. Maybe he likes the cafeteria food. It’s supposed to be really good

regardless this means they have a free roster spot. 

Zach berman says this is where they should use that spot to sign someone not on the team. 

I think that’s fair. They should go out and get a decent player

22 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

Zach berman says this is where they should use that spot to sign someone not on the team. 

I think that’s fair. They should go out and get a decent player

So bring in a veteran safety or another position group?

What Safeties are even out there that could come in and learn Vic's playbook to justify occupying a 53rd spot on the roster the 1st month?

You have to remember too, whomever that Vet is, his contract is guaranteed at kick off week 1. 

Edited by Nabbs4u

41 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

What Safeties are even out there that could come in and learn Vic's playbook to justify occupying a 53rd spot on the roster the 1st month?

You have to remember too, whomever that Vet is, his contract is guaranteed at kick off week 1. 

Safety Verone McKinnley?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, UndyTaker said:

They have Tristin McCollum and Maddox as the backups until Sydney Brown gets back. I dont think they need to add another player in the secondary. Id rather they bring in a TE and/or Edge

Exactly. Add DeJean to that mix and both PS Safeties, grab another postion group. 

14 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

I think they already filled the roster spot elevating Oren Burks.

A little underwhelming if true. 

Depends if you think healthy he would of made the original 53? I think he would of. 

I'm not sure he last on our PS? I mean wasn't he 3rd or 4th in the rotation as a 49er last year, behind those studs on that defense?

They did!

Edited by Nabbs4u

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

Yeah I don’t have anyone off the top of my head but ideally a steady hand at a position of weaker depth.

9 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

I think they already filled the roster spot elevating Oren Burks.

A little underwhelming if true. 

I think he’s a notable plus special teams guy so on that front he’s a good addition.

he is a 6th LB though which is a tad excessive 

1 hour ago, Last Stand said:

Yeah I don’t have anyone off the top of my head but ideally a steady hand at a position of weaker depth.

Options aren't great. We currently have 

Blankenship,  CGJ, Maddox, McCollum and DeJean all on the 53 and capable.  With I'm assuming Sam/Stern on the PS because there is something they like about the two to warrant a spot?

Edited by Nabbs4u