2024 Eagles regular season

3 hours ago, downundermike said:

Two points.

1.  It is never acceptable for the clown show that Siriani put on display with the fans and at the podium yesterday.

I honestly have no problem with any HC chirping back at fans like you or at the Linc yesterday that feel the need to constantly berate not only the Staff but players on a weekly game by game, drive by drive basis.

You want to talk **** 💩 as a Home Team Fan, deal with the responses when it's given back, in kind by the person's you are talking **** too!

Don't be a Mitch and a hypocrite. Completely amazed and astonished at the audacity of an actual response by a Coach/Player in that instance??  Man TF up and deal. 

If this was a bar, the streets, a club and these very same words were spoken for hrs Man to Man. Their 100% would be a confrontation. Somebody is getting an *** whoopin.

This idea players and coaches of any sport should STFU and turn the other cheek has always, for decades been a joke to me? The fact this occurs from your own fans base, at home makes it infinitely worse. 

Goose/Gander.....sorry. Different generation I guess.

58 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

Did yall see where Quinyon and DeJean swapped Jerseys to signify their first game together and the hopes of playing together awhile. Let's gooo. Could they have a similiar relationship like Brown and Smith have including when it comes to contract talks in the future. If so we scored big

Anytime they talk to the media...they typically mention the other. 🤷‍♂️ Seem to have become friends rather quickly since the Combine/Draft. 

Would be nice!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

If the player has the ability to audible to a play it is apart of the offense. By definition that is his offense. You can blame Jalen for it, but he isn't at the line designing a play. 

Jalen definitely has a problem with working through his progressions. That isn't really a secret. Blaming him for the pitiful offensive design is silly though. If he audibles to a play... that is a design of the offense which comes directly from the coaches. You can blame him for audibling to the wrong play, but I don't think that is regularly occurring.

We are still running Sirianni's offense with more motions and shifts. Hard for me to point to Jalen and blame him for that specifically. Moore should have been given complete control of the offense. Jalen should have been forced to run his offense. If they are catering to QB that is on the coaching staff, not Jalen.

Its not like Moores offense has exotic route concepts that arent throughout siriannis playbook too... it's not difficult to just switch to a play with the concept you want and just toss it to what you are comfortable with. Jalen is a creature of habit. He's stubborn as a mule and wants to do what he wants to do. You don't think in five years nobody has told him don't roll right, use the middle of field, throw it away if no one's open... the guy isn't as coach coachable as everybody wants to believe or he'd be learning and adapting

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

Its not like Moores offense has exotic route concepts that arent throughout siriannis playbook too... it's not difficult to just switch to a play with the concept you want and just toss it to what you are comfortable with. Jalen is a creature of habit. He's stubborn as a mule and wants to do what he wants to do. You don't think in five years nobody has told him don't roll right, use the middle of field, throw it away if no one's open... the guy isn't as coach coachable as everybody wants to believe or he'd be learning and adapting

Exactly.  CJ Stroud and Caleb Williams don't seem to have an issue adjusting to being a QB in the NFL.

The reason??? Is they are QB's first, not RB's first.

10 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

Who’s been his coach the whole time? 

again all this is nice and dandy but jalen doesn’t need to be Patrick mahomes to run a screen pass

people much smarter than I have broken down how different this offense is than what Kellen Moore has ran every other place

this in unison with Nick saying it will be a blend of his offense and kellens

Almost every single person who breaks down tape has said it’s a scheme issue

It’s one thing to complain about Jalen not reading the field well. It’s another thing to add that Jalen is the reason we don’t have workable screens in this offense, I’ve not once seen a shovel pass attempted

the game is deeper than boundaries and middle. 

I have yet to see a single person of any merit say “man this Nick sirianni scheme would be humming with a different QB”

QBs used to be developed on the base of handoff, handoff, roll out

which cuts off half the field and puts the QB on the move which would be to the what?

boundary.

and is a simpler read than a go route.

nick has been directly in charge of Jalens development. 

9 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Exactly.  CJ Stroud and Caleb Williams don't seem to have an issue adjusting to being a QB in the NFL.

The reason??? Is they are QB's first, not RB's first.

If you can’t see the difference in how those teams run offense vs how we run offense idk what to tell you. You’re too focused on being angry at Jalen that you can’t see the simpler truth

lots of QBs have deficiencies. QBs like stroud who are much better than Jalen have deficiencies 

A real coach builds a workable offense around that. Our fan base can’t be so dense as to think Jalen can’t run a screen, or a shovel pass. Or a bootleg. Or a jet sweep. Plays that get the ball out of the QBs hands. Plays that keep the defense honest.

Or how about our failed WR bubbles that every other team seems to run just fine. But we can’t? I wonder if thats because it’s being coached poorly. 

7 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

If you can’t see the difference in how those teams run offense vs how we run offense idk what to tell you. You’re too focused on being angry at Jalen that you can’t see the simpler truth

lots of QBs have deficiencies. QBs like stroud who are much better than Jalen have deficiencies 

A real coach builds a workable offense around that. Our fan base can’t be so dense as to think Jalen can’t run a screen, or a shovel pass. Or a bootleg. Or a jet sweep. Plays that get the ball out of the QBs hands. Plays that keep the defense honest.

Or how about our failed WR bubbles that every other team seems to run just fine. But we can’t? I wonder if thats because it’s being coached poorly. 

Or maybe we can recognize the offense is in a shell because of the weakness of the QB.

I mean, it was all in his draft profile.  Nothing about this has changed.

Weaknesses

Has issues sustaining rhythm as passer with so many off-schedule throws. Inconsistent patience allowing routes to develop. Slow recognition of early throw opportunities. Leaves slants and crossers behind targets. Misses checkdowns and opts for harder throws. Deep arm dip into elongated release. Forced speedsters at OU and Alabama to slow for deep throws. Needs to get better at trusting his pocket. Quick to drop his eyes when pressure mounts. More likely to void pocket than climb, scan and throw from it.

Weaknesses:
  • Very limited passer
  • Struggles to see the field
  • Poor vision
  • Struggles to read defenses
  • Slow to work through progressions
  • Not an accurate passer
  • One-read quarterback
  • Arm strength is average

Cons

• Consistent Accuracy
  • Forces Balls Instead Of Taking Easy Gains
  • Locks Onto His Receivers
  • Won’t Make All Progressions
  • Consistent Mechanics

The college completion percentage is a bit misleading from his actual accuracy. There are at times where he sails the ball and his mechanics are not as clean. When he is in a good rhythm he is generally locked in. In the Oklahoma system he had strong receiving options and with his arm strength we saw him force the ball in and take unnecessary risks. This wouldn’t fly at the next level in comparison to facing Big 12 defenses in 2019. Having CeeDee Lamb certainly helped mask some of Hurts flaws at times, and we saw him lock onto Lamb quite a bit and look his way.

Edited by downundermike

12 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Or maybe we can recognize the offense is in a shell because of the weakness of the QB.

I mean, it was all in his draft profile.  Nothing about this has changed.

Weaknesses

Has issues sustaining rhythm as passer with so many off-schedule throws. Inconsistent patience allowing routes to develop. Slow recognition of early throw opportunities. Leaves slants and crossers behind targets. Misses checkdowns and opts for harder throws. Deep arm dip into elongated release. Forced speedsters at OU and Alabama to slow for deep throws. Needs to get better at trusting his pocket. Quick to drop his eyes when pressure mounts. More likely to void pocket than climb, scan and throw from it.

Weaknesses:
  • Very limited passer
  • Struggles to see the field
  • Poor vision
  • Struggles to read defenses
  • Slow to work through progressions
  • Not an accurate passer
  • One-read quarterback
  • Arm strength is average

Cons

• Consistent Accuracy
  • Forces Balls Instead Of Taking Easy Gains
  • Locks Onto His Receivers
  • Won’t Make All Progressions
  • Consistent Mechanics

The college completion percentage is a bit misleading from his actual accuracy. There are at times where he sails the ball and his mechanics are not as clean. When he is in a good rhythm he is generally locked in. In the Oklahoma system he had strong receiving options and with his arm strength we saw him force the ball in and take unnecessary risks. This wouldn’t fly at the next level in comparison to facing Big 12 defenses in 2019. Having CeeDee Lamb certainly helped mask some of Hurts flaws at times, and we saw him lock onto Lamb quite a bit and look his way.

lol who’s been in charge of his development? 

again you keep yelling 

“weaknesses weaknesses weaknesses”

it’s a coach’s job to arrive at solutions. I’ve yet to see you even touch why we don’t run screens or bootlegs.

is it because they’re perfect examples of how this offense isn’t using everything at its disposal? I wonder if saquon barkley would be good at a screen. I wonder if Dallas goedert would do anything off a shovel pass

The difference between you and me is i can acknowledge and have acknowledged that jalen is limited but i can also recognize that there are simple read options that we continue to not do and aren’t good at. Football is more nuanced than Jalen can’t work the middle of the field. So if that’s the case as a coach how do you build an offense that can work with that? 

again you can college scouting report all you want. Almost every single tape analyst has essentially said we’re running nicks offense as it’s been since 2022 with some minor added motion.

”but but Jalen’s the reason”

lol no he’s not

you don’t start avonte Maddox on the outside in press coverage 

you don’t play Darius slay in the box

you put players in places to succeed. 

there’s more to offensive football that outside and middle. I see it every week. Plays that a 3rd string QB with 1 eye can run. QB friendly plays.

can jalen drop back read the field hit the 3rd option who’s sat underneath in the zone?

no

but guess what? There’s more options and solutions than expecting Jalen hurts to play like Patrick mahomes. There’s ya know creativity? Using his strengths at more opportune times? Using the bevy of weapons on the roster in creative ways that simplify Jalen’s reads? 

6 hours ago, Last Stand said:

Who’s been his coach the whole time? 

again all this is nice and dandy but jalen doesn’t need to be Patrick mahomes to run a screen pass

people much smarter than I have broken down how different this offense is than what Kellen Moore has ran every other place

this in unison with Nick saying it will be a blend of his offense and kellens

Almost every single person who breaks down tape has said it’s a scheme issue

It’s one thing to complain about Jalen not reading the field well. It’s another thing to add that Jalen is the reason we don’t have workable screens in this offense, I’ve not once seen a shovel pass attempted

the game is deeper than boundaries and middle. 

I have yet to see a single person of any merit say “man this Nick sirianni scheme would be humming with a different QB”

QBs used to be developed on the base of handoff, handoff, roll out

which cuts off half the field and puts the QB on the move which would be to the what?

boundary.

and is a simpler read than a go route.

nick has been directly in charge of Jalens development. 

So every coordinator looks EXACTLY the same with Jalen is because of them and not how Jalen is running their scheme...got it. Has nothing to do with his extreme limited knowledge and understanding of route concepts and dependency of two players and three routes he knows. All nicks fault, not jalens for JALENS growth. Curious. How many coordinators did Brady or manning have? Cousins seems to do just fine picking up and going and running different schemes for different teams? It's almost like the good qbs develop without 100 excuses.... jalen can't run kellens scheme correctly so he latches on to nicks concepts within kellens scheme. Remember the 95% comment? That's what it was about. He can't comprehend the offense. He NEEDS simple because he IS simple 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Shalodeep said:

So every coordinator looks EXACTLY the same with Jalen is because of them and not how Jalen is running their scheme...got it. Has nothing to do with his extreme limited knowledge and understanding of route concepts and dependency of two players and three routes he knows. All nicks fault, not jalens for JALENS growth. Curious. How many coordinators did Brady or manning have? Cousins seems to do just fine picking up and going and running different schemes for different teams? It's almost like the good qbs develop without 100 excuses.... jalen can't run kellens scheme correctly so he latches on to nicks concepts within kellens scheme. Remember the 95% comment? That's what it was about. He can't comprehend the offense. He NEEDS simple because he IS simple 

Exactly.  The only constant through all the offenses and coordinators is Jalen.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Nick also helped create three different offenses with Reich prior to this in indy for three different QBs and made the playoffs twice during that stretch and the offense didn't look like this. It's not purely a nick problem

9 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Nick also helped create three different offenses with Reich prior to this in indy for three different QBs and made the playoffs twice during that stretch and the offense didn't look like this. It's not purely a nick problem

I hate I'm defending nick ...

• Like 3

Legit question as I don't watch college football.

What is Lincoln Riley's offense like? Is it static or lots of motion, free releases? or what?

Probably a dumb and reductive question but, can't we or have we implemented what Jalen Hurts did well in college here?  I imagine there's at least some that can work in the NFL.