2024 Eagles regular season

2 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Right now I am planning for DeJean to be the starting NCB in a week or two so him going inside I just wasted reps. Plan for the playoffs not week 2. 

Once again,  if that is Vic's plan as well, we will know very quickly. Just like we found out Nakobe was the Starter, Not White. 

We say all the time in Stout we trust.  I'm already at that point with Fangio because he doesn't play games, he's old school. Reminds me a JJ. "Whomever" gives his defense the best chance to have success, they will play. 

Can't make the playoffs if weeks 2-17 don't go as planned? Every potential Win during that span,  matters. Every rep matters. We have no idea who will or won't be healthy by the time playoffs get here. 

Best Trio will play. Wouldn't shock me in the slightest if that combo ends up being  Mitchell/DeJean/Slay. 

Find out soon enough.

20 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I am not moving Q into the slot. Keep him outside and let him get reps and develop. As good as he was last week he is still a rookie. If Cooper isn’t ready this week take the lumps with Avonte and try to help him when possible. As soon as Cooper is good to go we will really see what we have. 

It does seem cooper inside is inevitable

hoping we see him start working in this week.

33 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

Also how many games does Zach Baun need for howie to resign him

its a balance as being too early and too late are both incredibly dangerous

1 game sample size is way to early. Just as it would of been had he played poorly. Everyone involved needs to see more.

Now if he somehow doesn't fall back to Earth and continues playing like week 1. Howie will have him signed before Dallas week. 

I don't expect Baun to continue what we saw vs GB which was PB/AP type play. I will however take anything that does not look like the LB play we had from last year. 

Morrow/Leonard ect....

44 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

1 game sample size is way to early. Just as it would of been had he played poorly. Everyone involved needs to see more.

Now if he somehow doesn't fall back to Earth and continues playing like week 1. Howie will have him signed before Dallas week. 

I don't expect Baun to continue what we saw vs GB which was PB/AP type play. I will however take anything that does not look like the LB play we had from last year. 

Morrow/Leonard ect....

I know not 1 week

my question is how many. 3 might be too small and you might sign a guy who regresses to the mean. But you wait 7-8 and now his agents are just waiting it out for a big deal on the open market if his good play continues

I dont know where the sweet spot is

23 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

I know not 1 week

my question is how many. 3 might be too small and you might sign a guy who regresses to the mean. But you wait 7-8 and now his agents are just waiting it out for a big deal on the open market if his good play continues

I dont know where the sweet spot is

No earlier then the bye (5), I'd say week 6-7 is a decent sample size. 

While a Agent might want to wait it out there's always the inherent risk of injury over the next 2-3 months worth of games. 

Bird in the hand rule applies IMO.

On 9/12/2024 at 5:36 PM, Danger said:

You can't seriously believe that. If you want to say that they're the same as the first part of last year and despite not playing great they were able to do enough to win, I completely understand that. The Packers are a very good football team. Lets give Jalen a few weeks to see if he can avoid turning the ball over and get the offense to another level. The defense was put into bad positions many times last game from those turnovers, and yeah they have some things to work on. 

I think what is genuinely concerning to me right now defensively, is how poor the D-Line played as a whole week 1. 

10-7

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Football_Bachelor08 said:

Nah, even Schwartz would've done better. The '17 divisional playoff and opening day in '18 come to mind.

How so? That game had Jim Schwartz "Prevent  Defense " collapse written all over it?

Give up 15pts for almost 58 min of the gm but a 7pt TD to lose in 1:05 seconds?

That is exactly PD Jim Schwartz!

1 minute ago, Nabbs4u said:

How so? That game had Jim Schwartz "Prevent  Defense " collapse written all over it?

Give up 15pts for almost 58 min of the gm but a 7pt TD to lose in 1:05 seconds?

That is exactly PD Jim Schwartz!

All I'm saying is Schwartz does at least have a track record of goal line stands against Atlanta.