Around The League Talk 2024-25

On 9/18/2024 at 11:58 AM, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Because UT fans got to see him often and he shat the bed every time in some form or another so we expected the same in the league. Oddly enough he’s continued to shat the bed. 

I'm not into college football, so can't say I could relate, but I perhaps can understand it. Though, as @Daniel pointed out, Kentucky does not appear to be that big of a rival, so I could more or less understand concerns but not really the hate. Now, if he played for one of UT's biggest rivals, which he didn't, was an over-hyped college player or prospect, which he wasn't, and also happened to **** the bed against UT, which he did, then sure, I'd get it. But as best as I can recall, he was the consensus 4th best QB out of that class and was widely viewed as a perhaps fringe 1st round prospect, and we all know how that went. So I don't really understand the hate, or perhaps we're just misusing the word here.

4 hours ago, Andrei01 said:

I'm not into college football, so can't say I could relate, but I perhaps can understand it. Though, as @Daniel pointed out, Kentucky does not appear to be that big of a rival, so I could more or less understand concerns but not really the hate. Now, if he played for one of UT's biggest rivals, which he didn't, was an over-hyped college player or prospect, which he wasn't, and also happened to **** the bed against UT, which he did, then sure, I'd get it. But as best as I can recall, he was the consensus 4th best QB out of that class and was widely viewed as a perhaps fringe 1st round prospect, and we all know how that went. So I don't really understand the hate, or perhaps we're just misusing the word here.

I know it's not fair to make a decision based on maybe a loud few. But it seems like (to me) when I listen to radio here, at least once a day, I hear someone say "When he was at Kentucky and they played UT....." 

I think hate/dislike is an appropriate word. During the draft process, so many were turned off by his personality. It was something about him that didn't seem genuine. They hate the whole mayo/coffee thing. His body builder pics. He just came off to some as something other than what you from a QB. 

Add on top of that, people not viewing him as a top 10 pick as some media outlets predicted. Some not understanding why he was a NFL prospect at all. The pre-dislike was only fueled by actions that a person disagreed with.  

If someone didn't like him as a player, then the mayo thing only made you dislike him more. 
So I'd say there a variety of things that have caused the dislike.  But for this fanbase, I would have to say the UT thing is a real thing based on my observations.