Jets vs Vikings Thread:

JetsandI

1 minute ago, vike daddy said:

gb2.jpg

Packers have a 3rd and 10. we line 11 guys up at the LOS. who's rushing, who's dropping into coverage?

result: three man rush, incomplete pass attempt of 12 yards.

Based on this photo, it is clearly 3 man rush.  3 hands on ground.   Flores has a blitz package on his clipboard I believe.  Good disguise.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Do you have a photo when football was snapped?   May get good idea where defenders went.

gb4.jpg

i was wrong, it was a five man rush. man coverage on the receivers with the safeties hightailing it backwards for the deep coverage.

Love already looking in the direction he eventually throws the ball.

Edited by vike daddy
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

gb4.jpg

i was wrong, it was a five man rush. man coverage on the receivers with the safeties hightailing it backwards for the deep coverage.

look like 4 man rush and one possible delay (facing 76)

Left side is locked.  Right side should be doable if WR gets ahead of CB with Safety looking away from offense.  Quick Pass could work there as long as qb turns his head quickly.

Edited by JetsandI

13 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

gb3.jpg

Jefferson lines up in the backfield with Aaron Jones on a 2nd down play. goes in motion to the right.

result: called QB run to the left for 14 yards.

Result could be same with Addison being there instead of Jefferson. No? 

Edited by JetsandI

4 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Left side is locked.  Right side should be doable if WR gets ahead of CB with Safety looking away from offense.  Quick Pass could work there as long as qb turns his head quickly.

gb5.jpg

right side falls apart as the GB receiver falls down on his own (no flag thrown). Vikings give Love an open man in the flat, but he attempts instead a hero ball to the receiver in the lower left corner toward the sideline.

result: incomplete pass. 4th down. probably one of their missed field goals then ensued.

4 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Result could be same with Addison being there instead of Jefferson. No? 

probably, but we used Addison on a sweep for a TD later in the game, so O'Connell might have been keeping that look secret at that time. who knows?

that's the whole point - O'Connell, and Flores, create unusual, complex looks to create a split second of indecision. 

they're outcoaching the other coaches, not the players. then the confusion trickles down from the top on to the field. i mean, we were up 28-0 at one point.

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

gb5.jpg

right side falls apart as the GB receiver falls down on his own (no flag thrown). Vikings give Love an open man in the flat, but he attempts instead a hero ball to the receiver in the lower left corner toward the sideline.

result: incomplete pass. 4th down. probably one of their missed field goals then ensued.

wow.  one defender already uncovered TE as he went toward to open man.  If caught, it could be either 1st down or 4th down and no more than 3 yards. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

probably, but we used Addison on a sweep for a TD later in the game, so O'Connell might have been keeping that look secret at that time. who knows?

that's the whole point - O'Connell, and Flores, create unusual, complex looks to create a split second of indecision. 

they're outcoaching the other coaches, not the players. then the confusion trickles down from the top on to the field. i mean, we were up 28-0 at one point.

I asked because Jefferson is a proven Elite player everyone worries about.  It could be a pass if Addison was in the backfield as Jefferson on outside unless they stick with qb run design.   Is Darnold quick enough to audit a play during an action? Or something like that.

Anyway... those photos.   Where did they come from?  via open internet or a subscription for a certain website?   Thanks.

21 hours ago, vike daddy said:

for whatever it's worth, the Vikings are flying to London on Thursday night, sleeping on the plane, and arriving Friday morning. maybe you guys are traveling the same, but we're taking this game very seriously.

we have our bye after it, and have the chance to take an early season break at 5-0.

You did this last year. Pretending we were 1-0 before we even played Tampa.

We lost that game. 

There is no reason to believe the Vikings will definitely go 5-0. We might be favored, but the Jets are a good team with a HOF QB, explosive RB and top 5 defense. It won't be easy.

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

You did this last year. Pretending we were 1-0 before we even played Tampa.

We lost that game. 

There is no reason to believe the Vikings will definitely go 5-0. We might be favored, but the Jets are a good team with a HOF QB, explosive RB and top 5 defense. It won't be easy.

what are you talking about?

i wrote we "have the chance to go 5-0." nothing definitive in that statement.

i also wrote, "we're taking this game very seriously."

read. the. words. 

Edited by vike daddy

24 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

what are you talking about?

i wrote we "have the chance to go 5-0." nothing definitive in that statement.

i also wrote, "we're taking this game very seriously."

read. the. words. 

I did. You did the very same thing last year like it was guaranteed that we would beat Tampa Bay. It's the same style of writing.