Week 6: San Francisco 49ers at Seattle Seahawks

I have been watching the TD pass to Deebo, and I after a view of the 22 man I can see what happened there. 

Purdy read the Safeties first.  It looked like a cover 6, with a cover 4 on the side opposite Deebo, and a cover 2 on Deebo's side.

The corner running with Aiyuk messed up.  He played man and ran with Aiyuk instead of playing his zone, which was either a zone flat in a cover 6, or a deep quarter in the cover 4.  Based on how the Safety played it looked like it was called a cover 4, based on the depth of the WLB, it looked like a cover 6.   

Purdy read cover 6 (2 on the offense's left side,4 on the offense's right side)  based on the alignment of the safeties, then went to read the flat defender.  There was no flat defender so he pulled the trigger and threw it to Deebo as to avoid the deep safety.   

EDIT, it looked like a cover 2

Edited by Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420
  • Like 2

On 10/11/2024 at 9:37 AM, J-ALL-DAY said:

It's probably just Lombardi being Lombardi lol.

He really is a fanboy and that's all there is to it. I still can't believe he went to Stanford to just be a beat writer for a small SF publication. Make it make sense! 

I have no love for Lombardi, but I'll give him credit where it's due... i respect the way he goes about his business - regardless of how much and how often Grant mocks him on social media.

Rarely, if ever, have I seen Lombardi engage or respond to Grant over the years. 

I can think of a 49ers player or two who could probably take a lesson from Lombardi. Because no matter what Grant says about any one player... he's 100x worse towards Lombardi. 

Except maybe towards Jimmy Garoppolo, but Jimmy Garoppolo kind of deserved it for being such a flake. 

Edited by Herodreamer79