MNF: Raiders @ Eagles (Christmas Edition)

Small Town Values

The North Poll  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who’s getting the (W) for Christmas?

• Raiders
    • Eagles

2 hours ago, jrry32 said:

No, I said that the Falcons scoring 21 points on your defense (and 28 total) through three quarters wasn't a good argument for propping up the Patriots as the #1 defense last year, especially when you looked at the additional context of yards per play.

No. The debate you and I had was whether it was a good defensive performance by the Patriots in the SB. You argued that allowing 21 points to Atlanta's #1 offense (which scored 34ppg in the regular season, 30+ vs Seattle and 40+ vs GB)  wasn't enough to prove that, and that YPC and YPA provided better context. See here: 

And now, you even bringing up 28 points total when you know that 7 of them were from a pick-6, along with cherry-picking three quarters as if the 4th quarter in a SB doesn't matter (and actually it was two quarters, as NE's defense shutout ATL's offense in both the 1st and 4th quarters), is disingenuous. I'm sure you know that but are just trying to escape from your turnabout. Pretty weak effort, to be honest.

Also, you calling Hunter a bandwagon fan is arguably against board policy, so you're really striking out quite a bit here.

Ouch.

4 hours ago, childofpudding said:

No. The debate you and I had was whether it was a good defensive performance by the Patriots in the SB. You argued that allowing 21 points to Atlanta's #1 offense (which scored 34ppg in the regular season, 30+ vs Seattle and 40+ vs GB)  wasn't enough to prove that, and that YPC and YPA provided better context. See here: 

And now, you even bringing up 28 points total when you know that 7 of them were from a pick-6, along with cherry-picking three quarters as if the 4th quarter in a SB doesn't matter (and actually it was two quarters, as NE's defense shutout ATL's offense in both the 1st and 4th quarters), is disingenuous. I'm sure you know that but are just trying to escape from your turnabout. Pretty weak effort, to be honest.

Also, you calling Hunter a bandwagon fan is arguably against board policy, so you're really striking out quite a bit here.

Ouch.

Bro, read the quote you put in your post. It says exactly what I claimed it did. Points allowed doesn't support your contention, and the YPP stats add additional context undermining it. Don't tell me that's not what I said and then quote me saying exactly that. xD

56 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Bro, read the quote you put in your post. It says exactly what I claimed it did. Points allowed doesn't support your contention, and the YPP stats add additional context undermining it. Don't tell me that's not what I said and then quote me saying exactly that. xD

Exactly, chief. In this thread you said that what matters is points allowed and SoS. In the previous thread, when I cited points allowed and Atlanta being the #1 offense (ie. SoS), you said that wasn't enough.

Toss another emoji my way, though, this is fun.

Just now, childofpudding said:

Exactly, chief. In this thread you said that what matters is points allowed and SoS. In the previous thread, when I cited points allowed and Atlanta being the #1 offense (ie. SoS), you said that wasn't enough.

Toss another emoji my way, though, this is fun.

Because I didn't think those two things supported your contention. It's literally in my post, chief. Here's the emoji you requested: O.o

5 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Because I didn't think those two things supported your contention. It's literally in my post, chief. Here's the emoji you requested: O.o

Yep, I understand. According to you, points allowed and SoS didn't support my contention in that thread, but points allowed and SoS support your contention in this thread. Glad we could clear that up for @Hunter2_1

Just now, childofpudding said:

You are right in this thread, but you know what they say. Give a monkey a typewriter, and eventually it spells a word.

I didn't know people or primates still used typewriters. You learn something new every day.

Archived