BDL 2024 Week 7: Cwmfelinfach Ptrash Pterodactyls @ Las Vegas Bangers

RedGold

Who wins?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Cwmfelinfach Ptrash Pterodactyls
    • Las Vegas Bangers

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 10/24/2024 at 04:01 AM

48 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Ahh.

In that case, and while QB1 scans the field, I feel he'd have a great look with the inside and off-tackle running game, right? You're pretty much 1-on-1 along the OLine. I feel like that's a favorable formation to run against.

To break it down differently: you're in a Nickel alignment with a blitzing linebacker and only one safety positioned in the center of the defense. I feel like you'd like your chances in the running game.

Pretty standard for a defense actually here. Bc your 5 OL versus my 5 rushers, PLUS the LB on the RB your forgetting. so 6 on 5. 

23 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Alright, trying to visualize this.

You're running a Cover 3 with a box safety and four defensive linemen. Both outside CBs are playing off and dropping at the snap. I feel like the quick throw to the outside WR, whether it be Tyreek or Tee, would be wide open and a glaring mismatch.

Not especially.  They are gonna break as soon as the ball is thrown so if it's at the snap you would have the lb or safety already moving to the flat and the corner then breaking shortly after the qb starts the throw.  Would it work on a third and one or two, probably.  But with no blockers in site I don't see it doing much more

Just now, bcb1213 said:

Not especially.  They are gonna break as soon as the ball is thrown so if it's at the snap you would have the lb or safety already moving to the flat and the corner then breaking shortly after the qb starts the throw.  Would it work on a third and one or two, probably.  But with no blockers in site I don't see it doing much more

I feel like offenses are already running stuff like this with considerable success. If you've got Tyreek catching it at the line with a CB playing off and no one behind the defender, I feel like that's an advantage for the offense.

1 minute ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I feel like offenses are already running stuff like this with considerable success. If you've got Tyreek catching it at the line with a CB playing off and no one behind the defender, I feel like that's an advantage for the offense.

Majority of times teams do this it's in a man off coverage read where  the corner has no immediate coming help or a zone blitz read where coverage is a bit of a scramble drill at the snap