Week 8: VIKINGS (5-1) at Rams (2-4)

swede700

O'Connell, who served as the Rams offensive coordinator for two seasons under McVay, is going back to Cali.

O'Connell: "Thank goodness for the viewing pleasure at home, it's not going to be Sean and I going 1-on-1. I think he's probably quicker, a little bit more sudden change, But I've definitely got the length and sneaky athleticism – maybe. You can't get too carried away with that because it's still going to be 11 players in Vikings uniforms playing against 11 L.A. Rams in their uniforms."

"He's one of my closest friends in this league, I have so much love for him. I'll always look back on those two years together as incredibly impactful. Winning a Super Bowl was something that I will not ever forget, for sure. I have so much respect for him – how he runs that organization, his leadership, his football intellect. He's as good as it gets, and I've got nothing but love for him, and will always be like that."

"One of the things that probably made me feel so prepared for this job, was Sean's willingness to allow me to be a part of things that maybe at other places offensive coordinators aren't a part of. I got to see a lot, learn a lot, ask a lot of questions – probably one too many for his liking. I think the process of that organization, the culture, the people, the player ownership-led kind of driving force which went behind that bar being raised during my time there to eventually winning the last game we got to play together at SoFi in the Super Bowl was a culmination of a lot of things."

vikings.com

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

even a Sendejo mention in that game.

That game was amazing because the year before zimmer humbled McVay. Everyone thought the Vikings d would clamp us again. McVay was figured out they said. He went on a revenge tour that year. Barr was beat like a horse that with Gurley and Kupp. You guys had a top D before that game as well. He wrecked those numbers. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

O'Connell, who served as the Rams offensive coordinator for two seasons under McVay, is going back to Cali.

O'Connell: "Thank goodness for the viewing pleasure at home, it's not going to be Sean and I going 1-on-1. I think he's probably quicker, a little bit more sudden change, But I've definitely got the length and sneaky athleticism – maybe. You can't get too carried away with that because it's still going to be 11 players in Vikings uniforms playing against 11 L.A. Rams in their uniforms."

"He's one of my closest friends in this league, I have so much love for him. I'll always look back on those two years together as incredibly impactful. Winning a Super Bowl was something that I will not ever forget, for sure. I have so much respect for him – how he runs that organization, his leadership, his football intellect. He's as good as it gets, and I've got nothing but love for him, and will always be like that."

"One of the things that probably made me feel so prepared for this job, was Sean's willingness to allow me to be a part of things that maybe at other places offensive coordinators aren't a part of. I got to see a lot, learn a lot, ask a lot of questions – probably one too many for his liking. I think the process of that organization, the culture, the people, the player ownership-led kind of driving force which went behind that bar being raised during my time there to eventually winning the last game we got to play together at SoFi in the Super Bowl was a culmination of a lot of things."

vikings.com

The culture is what many of the young guys have instilled in their teams and have taken from McVay. Makes the players love them. That’s why his coaches have had success.. Look at the lions, Vikings, Packers, bengals and Falcons. Give us back our coaches. They went from old school to new school real quick.. Even the way they talk to the media is different. 

• Like 1

Really appreciated the nail biter against a great opponent. I know the Vikes have a ton of excuses they could take after that tough battle, but I’m not embracing that narrative.

The Rams are beat up. The just won a sloppy game against the Raiders, and Kupp is coming back from injury with trade rumors overhead. We have a good squad and we should be be having our way with them and winning by 7 minimum. I just don’t see a scenario where we go into their house and play like crap and lose a game. Also as a fan, I HATE having to play good teams after they lose a good game. For once we are that good team.

Edited by HEYPAUL!
  • Like 1