Which Player Would Command The Highest Transfer Fee

TomRalph

3 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Call me an idealist, but i'm 'team loyalty' or whatever. There's more to it than just money, which he'll get plenty of even at Spurs.

The team is loyal to you until you aren't good. You gotta get your money while you play. That doesn't mean nothing else ever factors in, but a wage jump of 2-3x is a looooooooooot of loyalty to pay for.

1 hour ago, rcon14 said:

The team is loyal to you until you aren't good. You gotta get your money while you play. That doesn't mean nothing else ever factors in, but a wage jump of 2-3x is a looooooooooot of loyalty to pay for.

But when we're already talking about millionaires, I think the value of a wage jump is less significant

• 2 weeks later...

As I learned throughout the Pogba transfer saga - hype/marketability, even on a primarily social media level, is a potent driving force in the perceived value of these transfers. Now, obviously Pogba was sold for far above his actual worth, but I think the age in which he was at the time of the sale played a large factor as well.

What seems to be the consistent delineations are hype/form and being in a 'pre-prime' age where the player is entering his formidable years of influence.

24-25, lots of goals, attack-based player, etc. I look at Dybala (if he can recapture his post-Barcelona 2017 buzz) or even Mo Salah if he continues his blistering scoring pace as two potential mega-money transfers. Obviously, nothing will top Neymar anytime soon, as that was an utter anomaly, but either of those two could approach the $200M mark.

Archived