War's offseason mock

warfelg

On 1/15/2018 at 9:55 PM, FourThreeMafia said:

I just question how good Hubbard will be without the tutelage of Munchack.     

I remember not wanting to pay Kelvin Beachum a few years back, and he went on to do absolutely nothing.

Either way....even if we cant retain Hubbard, if we keep Munch, I trust him to turn just about anything into a serviceable lineman.

Oh....and let me add that I dont think we will actually cut/trade Gilbert....just that Id be open to it.      

Beachum also suffered a season ending ACL injury his last year as a Steeler . Regardless Hubbards gonna get paid more than the Steelers can afford to.

On 2018-01-15 at 9:54 PM, armsteeld said:

Mitchell truly sucked but those guys don't deserve a pass.  As a whole, it was embarrassing watching our defense play.  Sometimes teams try to be cute and it backfires.  The Vikings, Patriots, Jaguars, and Eagles all line up and whip their man.  We lack the defensive talent minus our strating DEs to line up and whip the guy across from us.

If we had Harrison and Woodley from 2008-2011 would this be said? Watt was already better than dupree early in the season.  The D run has to have edge rushers that get there, and we don't have 2, but Watt is showing promise and we know this. Trying to get players that can cover,learn a more complicated scheme and be a good pass rusher isn't easy and another reason why I prefer the 4-3 type of D especially considering the DL on the roster. 

Archived