Super Bowl 52 GDT: New England Evil Empires vs Philadelphia Destiny

38 minutes ago, RBreezy said:

How's everyone doing by the way?

Need to start upping the post padding more, the more pages we have in this thread before kickoff the higher probability we have of winning

Nervous about the game but other than that pretty good. 

Definitely need more pages

1) Eagles beat the Falcons in the NFC Championship to go to the Super Bowl. I just remember being so anxious about wanting to stop the NFC title game losing streak. Felt like that season's team was special. We wanted WRs forever and TO showed up and was so dynamic. And the defense was wild.

2) Eagles beat the Vikings in the NFC Championship to go to the Super Bowl. This much is obvious. But it's this high because who expected us to make it here after the Rams game? Only people that believed that were in the Eagles locker room. And it was an absolute beat down against the Vikings, a team that boasted the best defense in the NFL this season and the best statistical 3rd down defense in NFL history.

3) Round 1, Pick 2 of the 2016 NFL Draft. The Eagles drafted Carson Wentz and it's wild looking back at how exciting it was at the time but also at the trades that needed to happen to make it possible. Maxwell and Alonso to the Dolphins to move up. The Haul choosing the Haul. Chip Kelly being raised for years to have absolutely no interpersonal skills. Howie's revenge tour. Just stunning how that all came together and changed the course of the franchise.

4) 4th and 26. I remember watching this game with my dad. We were both so down in the dumps when it came down to 4th and 26. How could anyone have expected the next play? Fred Ex makes an all time Philadelphia sports play and gave us life. I remember being much younger and walking out of the room with our TV when Akers was kicking. I was so nervous and couldn't watch. I vividly remember my dad screaming that he made it. And then we get to OT and Favre throws up a duck that could have been mistaken for a punt. Dawkins had so much time and space to get under that ball that I'm convinced he could have called for a fair catch. Eagles win and advance.

5) DeSean's walk off. Vick was having his resurgent season. And all that momentum came screeching to a halt in the first 3 quarters against the Giants. The offense couldn't move the ball. And like many moments in Vick's career, it's like someone flipped a switch and he just turned on. He brought us back that game. Andy called a really clever onside kick to help us out. And the defense shut down the Giants defense. The Giants punted to DeSean and:

"DeSean Jackson. I don't care if he jumps, dives. He's running around and  he's in the end zone and there's no time and the Eagles win. The Eagles win."

"This is Miracle at the Meadowlands. Number. Two."

57 minutes ago, RBreezy said:

That very odd space between these two weeks where you literally can't wait for the game, but also want to bask in the glory of how well we've played to get this far. 

Image result for nick foles vikings gif

1 hour ago, RBreezy said:

Need to start upping the post padding more, the more pages we have in this thread before kickoff the higher probability we have of winning

Im in this weird place where i beleive they have a good shot at winning but a lifetime full of being an Eagles fan isnt allowing me to actually picture them winning. I dont know what a season that ends with a win feels like.

Archived