Total Control Mock Draft.

DTMW78

1 hour ago, TitanSS said:

I don't see Sylvester Williams being cut this year. He's our best option as a squatting NT to hold the middle of the field on early downs and in obvious running situations. If they felt Johnson was goin to be a pure NT they wouldn't have signed Williams to begin with. It would cost 2.5 mil to cut him and only save 3 mil this year. If we cut him next year we only have .6 mil dead money and save 5.5 mil off the cap, and I think that's what happens.

I like the idea of having Williams as our early down NT, Jones as our starting DE, and Johnson who can rotate in and out at either position. Depth with those 300+ lb guys is important. Cutting a guy just to save 3 mil creates another need we don't need to create. I think those 3 plus Casey at DE and Klug as a situational pass rusher gives a really solid DL.

I also want to bring back David King as a potential pass rushing option at thr 5 tech. I don't think he's big enough to play the 4 tech or 4i like Jones and Johnson can, but he turned in some really impressive numbers at his pro day for his size and has the length to give people trouble if he could just out it together on the field. He did notch a sack last season in very limited time. He provides a build and athletic skillset that no other DL on our roster has.

Honestly though I want us to bring back DaQuon but kick him at NT he’s a beast stopping the run & unproved rushing the passer last yr, I just feel he’s not athletic enough to play on the edge at the 5tech

5 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

I also hope we look at Cordy Glenn from Buf, I think he’s a low risk high reward guy, Miss last season with foot & ankle problems but when healthy is a beast & top 10 tackle that can move at 6’6 340lbs ? He’s owed 24 mill over the next 3years which is cheap for a T/G. He can play tackle & Guard & can help us not rush Conklin back. Though I wouldn’t give up a 5th or 6th round pick only for him... just a thought though 

I just checked and he's on the trade block for 2nd/3rd round pick.

Jared Veldheer is also otb.

I wouldn't wanna invest to much into OT as you already have 2 of the better ones and they are young also.

Would rather ride out the first few games with Kelly.

10 minutes ago, DTMW78 said:

I just checked and he's on the trade block for 2nd/3rd round pick.

Jared Veldheer is also otb.

I wouldn't wanna invest to much into OT as you already have 2 of the better ones and they are young also.

Would rather ride out the first few games with Kelly.

He can play guard also he’s not just a tackle coming out of Georgia he could play anywhere on the line.. but that’s why I said he’s a low risk high reward for me, we could start him at guard keep kelly at tackle & hope that tandem does well & don’t have to rush Conklin back, or we put him at tackle & once Conklin comes back kick him inside, he’s very athletic 

1 hour ago, TitanRedd said:

Honestly though I want us to bring back DaQuon but kick him at NT he’s a beast stopping the run & unproved rushing the passer last yr, I just feel he’s not athletic enough to play on the edge at the 5tech

We don't play our DEs exclusively at 5 tech. They were at a 4 or 4i more often than not in the base, and when we're not in base they kick even further inside playing like a DT.

If anyone is kicked to starting NT it's going to be Johnson. They want two guys on the field at the same time who can stop the run and if we get rid of Williams and start Johnson we're looking bad on depth just to save 3 mil. We were good against the run on the inside last year and I think those guys did their job well.

That's all from the last regime though, so should we seek to play someone more as a 5 tech, who knows.

13 minutes ago, DTMW78 said:

What are your thoughts on Kendall Beckwith from Tampa bay? 

Possible deal involving him and Murray

If you're talking straight up, that's an awesome move.  I remember watching that kid against the Pats early on, and he had a great game.  May not offer much in terms of coverage, but he essentially replaces the departing Williamson  at a cheap price.  Murray should be cut... so if you can get anything... especially a young guy with this much potential... don't think twice, just do it.  

Just now, ragevsuall17 said:

If you're talking straight up, that's an awesome move.  I remember watching that kid against the Pats early on, and he had a great game.  May not offer much in terms of coverage, but he essentially replaces the departing Williamson  at a cheap price.  Murray should be cut... so if you can get anything... especially a young guy with this much potential... don't think twice, just do it.  

Not straight up.

Would have to send a 4th along with Murray.

27 minutes ago, DTMW78 said:

Not straight up.

Would have to send a 4th along with Murray.

Essentially a 4th for him.  Still not a bad deal... we do need to replace Williamson... and this kid showed some potential this past season.  And you dump that salary.  If you think you could haggle to price down to a 5th... or getting back a late pick... some people do value Murray.  I just don't at that price tag.  

Murray talks stoic ongoing.

What do you guys think about your cb situation.

Jackson and Ryan are your starting outside guys I take it.

Who plays the slot? 

Who do you like in F.A that could come in and improve the unit?

18 minutes ago, DTMW78 said:

Murray talks stoic ongoing.

What do you guys think about your cb situation.

Jackson and Ryan are your starting outside guys I take it.

Who plays the slot? 

Who do you like in F.A that could come in and improve the unit?

Ryan plays slot when the 3rd CB comes in and down the stretch that 3rd CB was Tye Smith. The only CB in FA who I think is a clear upgrade over the CBs we currently have is Trumaine Johnson. Butler is overrated to me. I’d like to see a guy who can play #1 or #2 CB without much if any drop off from the top two. Ryan and Jackson are a solid duo. Adoree worries me though with a possible injury playing full-time CB, KR, and PR. He was 2nd in the league last year in snaps. I thought Tye Smith stepped in last year and did a really solid job when Ryan was hurt but upgrades are always nice. 

1 hour ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Ryan plays slot when the 3rd CB comes in and down the stretch that 3rd CB was Tye Smith. The only CB in FA who I think is a clear upgrade over the CBs we currently have is Trumaine Johnson. Butler is overrated to me. I’d like to see a guy who can play #1 or #2 CB without much if any drop off from the top two. Ryan and Jackson are a solid duo. Adoree worries me though with a possible injury playing full-time CB, KR, and PR. He was 2nd in the league last year in snaps. I thought Tye Smith stepped in last year and did a really solid job when Ryan was hurt but upgrades are always nice. 

Johnson is going to be way too expensive.

I was looking a little further down the list of F.A tbh.

Guys like Breeland , Amakumara for example.

Try and upgrade that 3rd spot.

4 minutes ago, DTMW78 said:

Johnson is going to be way too expensive.

I was looking a little further down the list of F.A tbh.

Guys like Breeland , Amakumara for example.

Try and upgrade that 3rd spot.

Add Talib to that list if the price is right, ion care what y’all say his antics may be that of a jerk, but his play is that of a baller still plays at a high level with the best of em 

Archived