Titans fantasy football projections

titans0021

Figure this is a combination of a prediction topic and one that is likely to interest your average FF poster, Titans fan or not. For the sake of the discussion, we'll just assume everyone plays all 16 games.

For reference points, here are NFL.com's QB projections with separate tabs for every other position group. I'll include the NFL.com predictions and my take of them. Feel free to share your projections or any other lists you can find.

Marcus Mariota - 4,213 yards, 29 touchdowns, 12 interceptions, 316 rushing yards, 2 rushing touchdowns.

My take: I'd take these numbers in a heartbeat. The passing yards may be slightly high (this has him averaging 263 yards per game), but I could see the  touchdowns and interception totals being hit. If anybody should benefit fantasy-wise from this offseason, it should be Marcus.

DeMarco Murray - 1,245 rushing yards, 8 rushing touchdowns, 49 receptions, 349 yards, 2 receiving touchdowns.

My take: Numbers are very similar to last year. I just don't know if he'll get the touches to put up 1,600 yards from scrimmage again. I see him more towards the 1,000-1,100 yard range, with the receiving numbers being close to accurate. I don't expect Henry to steal a huge amount of his workload, but enough to see some dip.

Derrick Henry - 522 yards, 5 touchdowns, 14 receptions, 120 yards.

My take: I think Henry rushes for more yards than this. Maybe not a ton more, but 650-750 is my guess. If they're going to guess that the two combine for almost 1,800 yards, the 1,100 to 700 split seems more likely to me.

I'll just bunch the receivers together:

Corey Davis - 60 receptions, 804 yards, 6 touchdowns.

Eric Decker - 58 receptions, 736 yards, 7 touchdowns.

Rishard Matthews - 53 receptions, 712 yards, 5 touchdowns.

My take: I just don't see Corey Davis leading this receiving group in receptions and yards as a rookie. I do, however, think there's a real chance that we have three receivers all sitting in that 700-850 yards range. Main reason why I can't suggest investing in any Titans receivers in fantasy this season.

Delanie Walker - 62 receptions, 766 yards, 6 touchdowns.

My take: Not much to say about this one. Sounds about right.

On a final note, just combining Marcus' passing and rushing yards with Murray's and Henry's totals would give us 6,296 yards of total offense. Only three teams in all of football put up more than that number last season.

The amount of underselling being done to Matthews is kinda confusing.

Not sure how many people realize that if you average out his final 8 games of the season he had 4.75 catches, 73.5 yards and .75 tds per game. That's 76 catches, 1176 yards, 12 TDs over an entire season. If you remove the Denver game where Marcus played like crap, his averages improve to 5.2 catches, 80.2 yards, .85 tds per game, which is 83 catches, 1,283 yards and 14 touchdowns.

Those numbers would tie him for 17th in catches, 7th place in yards and tied for the league lead in touchdowns.

Rishard Matthews was dominant over the last half of last season, and it's getting no real respect. And he did this while being the only halfway respectable WR on our team.

1 hour ago, TitanLegend said:

The amount of underselling being done to Matthews is kinda confusing.

Not sure how many people realize that if you average out his final 8 games of the season he had 4.75 catches, 73.5 yards and .75 tds per game. That's 76 catches, 1176 yards, 12 TDs over an entire season. If you remove the Denver game where Marcus played like crap, his averages improve to 5.2 catches, 80.2 yards, .85 tds per game, which is 83 catches, 1,283 yards and 14 touchdowns.

Those numbers would tie him for 17th in catches, 7th place in yards and tied for the league lead in touchdowns.

Rishard Matthews was dominant over the last half of last season, and it's getting no real respect. And he did this while being the only halfway respectable WR on our team.

I think the main concern with Matthews is that there's just too much competition at wide receiver for him to realistically play at the same pace he had over the second half of last year. Wouldn't at all be surprised to see him lead the team in yards and I think too many are being quick to assume that Davis will be starting though. He had nine targets per game over the last eight, just not sure he hits that number between Decker, Davis, Walker, Murray and possibly even Taylor.

Evan Silva's (rotoworld) Titans outlook:

Full go in training camp, Mariota offers one of the most exciting ceilings in this year’s late-round quarterback crop. At his QB8 (MFL10s) and QB12 (FF Calculator) ADPs, I am leaning Mariota over Jameis Winston, Derek Carr, Matt Ryan, and Kirk Cousins. 

Decker’s long track record of consistent start-able production and history of producing regardless of his quarterback’s identity make Decker an enticing investment at his WR38 (FF Calculator) and WR44 (MFL10s) ADPs. 

Even if Henry’s role is likely to grow this year, Murray again looks undervalued at his RB8 (FF Calculator) and RB9 (MFL10s) ADPs. I have Murray ranked ahead of usually-higher-drafted running backs Jordan Howard, Jay Ajayi, and Devonta Freeman. 

And in a completely new era of Titans rotoworld coverage:

But I’m drinking their kool-aid. I’m taking the over, envisioning Tennessee as sleeper to win playoff games.

Archived