A slightly crazy Trade-Down Mock, 4 Rounds

Just Want A Title

When I think about the draft I am usually thinking about the best-case scenario.  I tried to think of something a little more "left-field" on this.  The Patriots made a living off of trading back for second round picks.  The free agents are pretty realistic but the draft is kind of crazy.  Here goes:

Free Agents

Cornelius Carradine DE:  Could be a free agent steal now that he is playing at 275Lbs

Jerrick McKinnon RB:  A more reliable RB who replaces Ameer Abdullah

Anthony Hitchens LB:  A solid addition to our thin LB corps

Donte Moncrief WR:  A big, strong WR who could do some real damage in the middle of the field and in the red zone

I think the Lions should only keep Tion Green and Theo Riddick and add Mckinnon in free agency.  The Lions pull off a crazy trade with the Browns in which the Browns move up to 20 in exchange for Pick 33, 64, flipping draft positions in Rd 3 giving us pick 65 and DT Larry Ogunjobi.  

RD 2, 33--Will Hernandez G:  A smash-mouth road-grader to give our line some nastiness

Rd 2 51--Sam Hubbard DE:  An underrated player who is athletic and fast

Rd 2, 64--BJ Hill DT:  A big dose of nastiness for the interior of our DL

Rd 3, 65--Jerome Baker OLB:  A solid OLB who can run pretty well

RD 4--Kalen Ballage--a bigger back who is already a good pass-catcher

Fire away on this!

33 minutes ago, flyguy1609 said:

I like the trade down idea,  good mock that way... don't like McKinnon signing(personally I like Crowell better)

I thought about putting Crowell in there but Tion Green is fairly similar even though he is more of an unknown.  IHe played pretty well down the stretch.  Personally, I think the only reason he didn't get more playing time is that Caldwell never really placed a lot of value in building a running-game.  I am hoping Tion Green turns out to be a un-drafted free agent steal for the Lions.

Archived