Next years free agent class! Who you keeping?

Deekster37

Randall Cobb is not getting re-signed next year, and I'm the only one here hoping he has a hell of a year for us to get us a compensatory pick instead of us cutting him and getting nothing.  Cobb is talented, we don't need the cap space, let's get that compensatory pick for him.

Jordy Nelson is either retiring or signing a one year very cheap deal to chase a ring year to year.  He's literally not worth worrying about after this year.  Comes back, great.  Doesn't, okay. 

Clinton-Dix is getting signed to an extension during the season, he's getting traded, or he's getting franchise tagged. 

Clay Matthews will likely re-sign for a two-three year deal that pays him a little more than maybe he should get paid, but to an extent where it doesn't hurt our cap situation. 

Jake Ryan I have no guess on.

Kendricks is a wild card because of his close ties to Rodgers. 

Rollins is chasing that Casey/Micah situation. 

Ty Montgomery doesn't really have a future in the NFL because Mike McCarthy didn't pay attention to his stamina bar. 

Aaron Ripkowski is tied to McCarthy.  If McCarthy gets fired, Ripkowski is looking for one of the two other teams that still uses a fullback. 

3 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Randall Cobb is not getting re-signed next year, and I'm the only one here hoping he has a hell of a year for us to get us a compensatory pick instead of us cutting him and getting nothing.  Cobb is talented, we don't need the cap space, let's get that compensatory pick for him.

Jordy Nelson is either retiring or signing a one year very cheap deal to chase a ring year to year.  He's literally not worth worrying about after this year.  Comes back, great.  Doesn't, okay. 

Clinton-Dix is getting signed to an extension during the season, he's getting traded, or he's getting franchise tagged. 

Clay Matthews will likely re-sign for a two-three year deal that pays him a little more than maybe he should get paid, but to an extent where it doesn't hurt our cap situation. 

Jake Ryan I have no guess on.

Kendricks is a wild card because of his close ties to Rodgers.  What close ties?  I hope he doesn't make the final 53.  We have to upgrade this position big time.

Rollins is chasing that Casey/Micah situation.   After his Achilles injury he may not make the final 53 either.  He wasn't all that speedy before that injury.

Ty Montgomery doesn't really have a future in the NFL because Mike McCarthy didn't pay attention to his stamina bar. What?  

Aaron Ripkowski is tied to McCarthy.  If McCarthy gets fired, Ripkowski is looking for one of the two other teams that still uses a fullback. 

I didn't understand what you meant about Ty Montgomery.  Ty's problem is staying healthy.

Just now, Pugger said:

I didn't understand what you meant about Ty Montgomery.  Ty's problem is staying healthy.

It was a joke from two years ago where a guy went on a big rant and argued with everybody.  He blamed McCarthy for Montgomery's injury because McCarthy didn't pay attention to Montgomery's stamina. 

4 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

It was a joke from two years ago where a guy went on a big rant and argued with everybody.  He blamed McCarthy for Montgomery's injury because McCarthy didn't pay attention to Montgomery's stamina. 

What did you mean by Kendrick's close ties to Rodgers?

Looking at that list today, I see nobody we will NEED to re-sign. Dix is a question mark and needs to play a whole lot better this year to be considered for the contract he is going to expect. He's got to show a willingness to tackle for starters. 

10 hours ago, Deekster37 said:

2019 UFA'S / Jake Ryan, Clay Matthews, Randall Cobb, Jordy Nelson, Clinton Dixx, Lance Kendricks, Quinton Rollins, Ty Montgomery, Brett Hundley, Aaron Ripkowski! 

HaHa and Ryan are sure things.  CMJ, Cobb and Nelson depending on their productions in 2018.  The others, bye!

Archived