2018 RamPackFan Mock Draft

RamPackFan

The draft I would like to see

2)* Sam Hubbard – Edge/Ohio State

- I believe the smartest move would be to trade back about 10 spots from #23 to late 1st round or early 2nd round.  IMHO, pass rusher should be the goal with our 1st pick. That being said I believe there are some great pass rushers who could be available anywhere between pick #23 - pick #50 even. We could land a day 1 starter on the edge in this range while recouping some picks.  If Hubbard can make it to early 2nd round this would be a major steal.  This guys is a beast and is my favorite pass rusher in this class.

3)  Harrison Phillips – DT/Stanford

- Many have Phillips projected in rounds 2-3 and I think early 3rd round is a good place for him.  We use one of our 4th round picks we obtained from moving back in the 1st round as well as one of our 4 picks from the 6th to move up into the 3rd round.  Phillips has the ability to disrupt at the point of attack as well as having great strength. 

3) Josey Jewell  - LB/Iowa

- Josey has a motor who has great awareness/instincts and smarts. Would provide much help in the run game with his great tackling abilities.

4)*Frank Ragnow  OL/Arkansas

5) Scott Quessenberry – OT/UCLA

6) Shaquem Griffen – OLB/Central Florida

6) Brian Allen – OL/Michigan St

6) Devonte Harris – CB/Louisville

7) Chandon Sullivan – CB/Georgia St

No way Griffin lasts until the 6th. Would be amazing but his combine will shoot up his draft stock.

Love Hubbard, but not so sure about Phillips. From what I seen, I don't think he can be the run stuffing NT that we need.

46 minutes ago, JonStark said:

No way Griffin lasts until the 6th. Would be amazing but his combine will shoot up his draft stock.

Love Hubbard, but not so sure about Phillips. From what I seen, I don't think he can be the run stuffing NT that we need.

really? I've been busy all weekend and haven't even been following combine :(

16 hours ago, RamPackFan said:

really? I've been busy all weekend and haven't even been following combine :(

Yeah, he lit up the combine. Fastest 40 time for a LB since 2003, 20 reps on the bench, and did DB drills too.

I still REALLY want him but we'll have to take him earlier than that.

Archived