Hitchens to KC

textaz03

8 hours ago, Runaway Jim said:

He might be Defensive Player of the Year this year.

And again, I said a defensive player entering his third or fourth season with us could be a DPOY candidate; Hitchens was one I named as a guy in his this year who could breakout and be said candidate. You are trying to troll but again are putting words in my mouth.

And know what - Lawrence, in hia fourth year, was a DPOY candidate. My point was proven. That will all these picks spent on defensive guys, that someone in their third or fourth year sometime soon (that year or last year) was bound to become a dpoy candidate. So i was correct. But, you feel free to keep on trolling.

31 minutes ago, Dallas94Ware said:

And again, I said a defensive player entering his third or fourth season with us could be a DPOY candidate; Hitchens was one I named as a guy in his this year who could breakout and be said candidate. You are trying to troll but again are putting words in my mouth.

And know what - Lawrence, in hia fourth year, was a DPOY candidate. My point was proven. That will all these picks spent on defensive guys, that someone in their third or fourth year sometime soon (that year or last year) was bound to become a dpoy candidate. So i was correct. But, you feel free to keep on trolling.

I'm not really trying to troll you.  I know what you said several years ago wasn't outrageously stupid, but the reaction it got was funny.

Just keeping an inside joke alive.  All in good fun....

1 hour ago, Runaway Jim said:

I'm not really trying to troll you.  I know what you said several years ago wasn't outrageously stupid, but the reaction it got was funny.

Just keeping an inside joke alive.  All in good fun....

Fair enough, fair enough, I can dig that

I said to one of my sons whose a big Cowboy fan that if Dallas goes out and signs a FA to one of these crazy deals it negatively impacts their ability to sign one of their own players.  If you restructure contracts you're pushing money down the road that comes due at some point.  While I shake my head at the $ being spent we will miss Hitchens.  He was a solid steady contibutor at a position that is very thin.  Rashaan Evans anybody?  Smith and Edmunds will be gone and LB is a need.

3 hours ago, Northland said:

I said to one of my sons whose a big Cowboy fan that if Dallas goes out and signs a FA to one of these crazy deals it negatively impacts their ability to sign one of their own players.  If you restructure contracts you're pushing money down the road that comes due at some point.  While I shake my head at the $ being spent we will miss Hitchens.  He was a solid steady contibutor at a position that is very thin.  Rashaan Evans anybody?  Smith and Edmunds will be gone and LB is a need.

Hitchens was a fierce tackler and competed for the ball whether it was tucked away or in the air; his ability to play all 3 spots was a huge boost to the roster and the defense as a whole. 

But he was just paid like a two time all pro guy, paid as a top 5 linebacker. For that money, its worth letting him walk. Not worth it.

Did some reviews of KC's defensive scheme the last hour. While it doesnt make me an expert on their system after only an hour, I do see where they expect Hitch to fit.

They play their strong side inside backer on their base front in a real rover role - he tends to have no base assignment except to hunt the ball. While this is typical of most 34 fronts, KC tends to run this very often on first down. They also allow both their inside backers to roll into the flat, something Hitch has been pretty good at.

He is certainly a fit for what they are seeking, and I guess part of his payment is in expectation of him excelling extremely well in a role that seems perfect for him - but geez that is still some heavy money paid out to a guy who has never made a pro bowl.

Archived