Jump to content
Deadpulse

2018 Free Agency Rumors and Discussion

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, AlNFL19 said:

We don't need Dez. Malcolm Mitchell is going to go off this year.

Agreed. Dez is extra. I’m thinking out loud what it would be like to have that extra.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We're going to be the Bulldog's NFL projection. Andrews snapping the ball, Michel out the back field, Mitchell deep and Wynn punching holes and keeping TB upright. Woof.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there any credence to the rumor that NE was targeting TE Mike Gesicki at #43?

Or is this a "NE traded back after Miami's selection, so let's make it seem like he was a target for Belichick so the pick looks good" type deal?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, cddolphin said:

Is there any credence to the rumor that NE was targeting TE Mike Gesicki at #43?

Or is this a "NE traded back after Miami's selection, so let's make it seem like he was a target for Belichick so the pick looks good" type deal?

First time reading anything about the Pats and Gesicki. I think the Pats probably saw better value in the later rounds at linebacker specifically given that the Titans traded up to 41 to take Harold Landry. The Pats moved up from the 63rd pick to take a corner, (Duke Dawson), who maybe they thought would have been drafted already and were worried another team would jump in front of them again to take. They were also jumped reportedly in the first round by the Lions for Frank Ragnow. Pats ended up sticking with 23 and taking best OL available in Isaiah Wynn. Had Sony Michel been picked by Seattle or someone else by 31, then maybe the Pats don't trade 43 to the Lions to draft Kerryon Johnson.

Also, if Baker Mayfield slipped out of the top 3, Albert Breer and others have reported the Patriots would have likely moved both firsts and Gronkowski to get him. In that scenario, then maybe the Pats would be looking to draft Gesicki at 43, but that wasn't the case so I'm not sure how strong those rumors are.

Edited by DoleINGout

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Also, if Baker Mayfield slipped out of the top 3, Albert Breer and others have reported the Patriots would have likely moved both first and Gronkowski to get him. In that scenario, then maybe the Pats would be looking to draft Gesicki at 43, but that wasn't the case so I'm not sure how strong those rumors are.

It certainly makes more sense within the context of the Gronk rumors. Was just curious if there was any pre-draft smoke between the Pats and Gesicki, sounds like there wasn't really any.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, cddolphin said:

It certainly makes more sense within the context of the Gronk rumors. Was just curious if there was any pre-draft smoke between the Pats and Gesicki, sounds like there wasn't really any.

Nah, but they drafted tight end Ryan Izzo out of Flordia State in the seventh round. I think he is a long shot to make the team unless injury or money hasn't already been guaranteed to Dwayne Allen. Izzo is a very good practice squad guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cddolphin said:

It certainly makes more sense within the context of the Gronk rumors. Was just curious if there was any pre-draft smoke between the Pats and Gesicki, sounds like there wasn't really any.

There was no smoke that I saw on any interest in TE besides pure speculation from the draftniks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

There was no smoke that I saw on any interest in TE besides pure speculation from the draftniks. 

That means it was probably about to happen tbh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Yin-Yang said:

NE needs to be all over Mychal Kendricks.

Doubt it, because they drafted two linebackers and Kendricks doesn’t strike me as a difference maker. Probably going to get paid a lot more by a desperate team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DoleINGout said:

Doubt it, because they drafted two linebackers and Kendricks doesn’t strike me as a difference maker. Probably going to get paid a lot more by a desperate team.

Definitely going to get paid. 

I don’t think he’s not a difference maker, though. Maybe not last season for that Eagles squad because they’re stacked everywhere except for corner - where they aren’t too shabby.

But as far as what NE needs in a LB? He fits the bill. Not sure what he brings as far as intelligence FWIW. I just remember him being a great athlete that can cover - basically what we hope Sam could be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Definitely going to get paid. 

I don’t think he’s not a difference maker, though. Maybe not last season for that Eagles squad because they’re stacked everywhere except for corner - where they aren’t too shabby.

But as far as what NE needs in a LB? He fits the bill. Not sure what he brings as far as intelligence FWIW. I just remember him being a great athlete that can cover - basically what we hope Sam could be.

I just see them rolling with the developmental guys. I’m very hopeful for Christian Sam but pretty optimistic about Bentley FWIW.

Edited by DoleINGout

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

I just see them rolling with the developmental guys. I’m very hopeful for Christian Sam but pretty optimistic about Bentley FWIW.

I agree, I’m hoping for the best with the youngsters and Van Noy as a third guy isn’t too shabby. I’m just of the belief that we’re a Hightower injury away from fielding another sorry group in 2018.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×