Australian Rules Football -- 2023 season is upon us! You really should be watching this game!

Bucketheadsdad

14 minutes ago, Aussie9er said:

What a Muppet Lynch can be. Did u see him drop his knee on defenders head soon or later its going to cost him and the team just like Hawkins has done. 

I think there is a strong possibility that you may be with out both Cotchin AND Lynch next week in Adelaide.  A couple of ugly incidents this morning.

1 hour ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

I think there is a strong possibility that you may be with out both Cotchin AND Lynch next week in Adelaide.  A couple of ugly incidents this morning.

If i had to choose a player to get suspended from either of them it have to be the captain Cotchin. Lynch is so much more important structure wise plus can always move edwards/pickett thru the middle and if cotchin isn't available that means dusty is captain and that is just awesome. 

Saying that Port are the real deal best team this year by far it going to be a tough game and who ever wins it should win the grand final. 

Saying that how easy has had brisbane had it only played 3 times outside of queensland their home state all year. Think afl headquarters should of made them play away abit more adeliade, darwin, cairns all should of had a go and of those three away games only won 1

Edited by Aussie9er

4 hours ago, Aussie9er said:

If i had to choose a player to get suspended from either of them it have to be the captain Cotchin. Lynch is so much more important structure wise plus can always move edwards/pickett thru the middle and if cotchin isn't available that means dusty is captain and that is just awesome. 

Saying that Port are the real deal best team this year by far it going to be a tough game and who ever wins it should win the grand final. 

Saying that how easy has had brisbane had it only played 3 times outside of queensland their home state all year. Think afl headquarters should of made them play away abit more adeliade, darwin, cairns all should of had a go and of those three away games only won 1

This was certainly unique, but I don't know if Richmond supporters (or Collingwood supporters) can complain too much about other clubs playing too many games at home.  ;) 

Cats have to run the gauntlet, but they did thump the Power earlier this year, and if Tom Hawkins had his contact lenses in the correct eyes, last week might have been a bit closer.  I'd love to get another shot at them at the Gabba.  If Brisband gets through, they might be hard to beat at home.  I think they match up well with Port as well. 

10 minutes ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

Great start to the Cats/Pies game.  

Cats might of just played best half of football I have ever seen in the finals. There firing on all systems if I was Brisbane I would be worried if they can bring this intensity and skill next week they have no chance.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

We've got our Grand Final.

So happy its Tigers vs Cats finals even if Tigers lose will still be happy that Ablett gets to go out in style.

Brisbane goes missing in big games other than Cameron there forwards go missing too much in these games. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Aussie9er said:

@Bucketheadsdad Just announced on radio that Jeremy Cameron great GWS forward wants to move and nominated Geelong as team he wants to move to in free agency.  Talk about a big time get if you can get him. 

That'll be a replacement for Ablett's salary.  I hope they're able to still utilize a couple of those 1st round picks to infuse some young talent into the list.

35 minutes ago, Aussie9er said:

Best day of the year is here for afl grand final day. Just put my ribs in slow cooker for the game and about to run down the shop to stock up on beer and snacks. 

Go tigers !!!!!!!

Should be a crackin game

We are Geelong!......but you're right, it should be a cracking game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aussie9er said:

Yeah it should 

Are you able to watch it live and if so must be middle of the night for you 

Yes.  I'll watch on the "WatchAFL app."  It is a 4:30 a.m. start here.  I'm going to head to bed in about 30 minutes, and get up at 3:45.  The game is also being carried live on regular TV here as well.  So, hopefully everyone will hit their DVR.

• Like 2