Official Pistons Thread: Offseason

1King

17 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

So, I feel dumb asking this….but what’s the beef with 0 and 00? 

it's really stupid but i just think 00 is a terrible number and it shouldn't be an option to wear at all. and if you already have a 0 on the team, it doubly shouldn't be an option since 00 and 0 are the same number. why is he allowed to pick 00 but not 05?

when melo was in portland he wore 00 and dame wore 0 obviously and i've hated it since the first time i saw it

• Like 3

1 hour ago, catcheryea said:

it's really stupid but i just think 00 is a terrible number and it shouldn't be an option to wear at all. and if you already have a 0 on the team, it doubly shouldn't be an option since 00 and 0 are the same number. why is he allowed to pick 00 but not 05?

when melo was in portland he wore 00 and dame wore 0 obviously and i've hated it since the first time i saw it

He’s not nothing. He’s double nothing

• Like 1

we always talk about drafting for fit vs bpa and whether or not any of these guys can play together but why haven't they hired anyone to tell them that it might be a problem the last three first round picks all wore 0 prior to the nba and none of them could wear it since the previous first round pick chose 0 because he wore 2 his whole life and that was unretired specifically for the number one pick from the year before

obviously the only thing that matters for klintman to have an nba future is his shooting, but he’s made a bunch of really nice passes, especially on the interior, that you rarely see in the summer league

but if he doesn’t become a 38%+ shooter, he’s not a good enough athlete to be able to play

• Like 1

On 7/15/2024 at 8:32 PM, catcheryea said:

obviously the only thing that matters for klintman to have an nba future is his shooting, but he’s made a bunch of really nice passes, especially on the interior, that you rarely see in the summer league

but if he doesn’t become a 38%+ shooter, he’s not a good enough athlete to be able to play

he had a ton more really impressive passes tonight but i’m starting to think it’s because he’s scared to go up and finish

also ron isn’t close to being ready to play

On 7/16/2024 at 7:41 PM, catcheryea said:

he had a ton more really impressive passes tonight but i’m starting to think it’s because he’s scared to go up and finish

also ron isn’t close to being ready to play

I'd say both rookies will see a good amount of time with the Cruise. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, General Tso said:

I think the roster is at the point they don't need to play right away, which is great

I would say there are people on the roster better than them but thats not saying those guys are good.  Part of the issue with them not playing right away is due to being raw/not that good opposed to the roster being full of talent.  Yes we have upgraded the depth on the roster but the hopes would still be your top 5 pick can push for minutes when you are one of the worst teams record wise in NBA history.  It was just such a poor draft class (or bad pick) that we likely will get little from him this year.   

• 1 month later...

I know Pistons nation is probably tired of reclamation projects, but I think a Markelle Fultz signing makes a lot of sense with this roster. I think Ivey will be the de facto backup PG but, if he can't handle it, what's behind him is not looking good. 

22 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I know Pistons nation is probably tired of reclamation projects, but I think a Markelle Fultz signing makes a lot of sense with this roster. I think Ivey will be the de facto backup PG but, if he can't handle it, what's behind him is not looking good. 

i'm not opposed to it. idk what plan b is if ivey's bad (it cannot be sasser) and if you get not last year's fultz it's less reclamation projecty and more pretty good role playery. i wonder if they're just scared of the shooting because it would be hard to play him with ausar or ivey and duren or reed and then you end up having to build lineups to maximize a role player instead of one of those other guys

the other problem with adding anybody decent with the last spot is that there's probably already at least 12 guys who think they deserve/will get minutes. so either you have to convince someone to sit unless ivey shows he can't be that guy or add someone else who expects to play

• Like 1