Final Mock

Joe

We've heard enough debate and banter about who we think we should get. We've also had a full list of visits the Packers have had. Fishy enough, that list only has 27 of the 30 allotted draft visits. Something tells me that one of the other three, who weren't listed, will be our first round pick. I'm not playing it that way however.

Possible FA signings:

Jeremy Maclin-WR, Breshaud Breeland-CB

1.14 - Derwin James - DB, FSU: I want to go Minkah here but I don't think he'll be around. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if we traded down as well. Either way, James fits the bill for what we are seeking and can be an impact player from Day 1.

2.45 - Lorenzo Carter - EDGE, UGA: We could go with Arden Key here as well or OL with Connor Williams, but EDGE is a greater need than DB IMHO. Carter has the explosion and speed that Marcus Davenport showed at the combine, but the difference between the two is that Davenport didn't dominate at a lower level of competition and Carter was more productive against stronger competition.

3.76 - Dante Pettis - WR, Washington: Pettis can be what we had hoped Trevor Davis could be; a fluid speedster that could develop over time to be a solid WR2.

***Trade*** We send picks 101, 133, 172, and 232 to Jacksonville for picks 93 and 129

3.93 - Holton Hill - CB, Texas: Hill has elite skills, but needs a better environment and coaching in order to become successful. 

4.129 - Jack Cichy - LB, Wisconsin: A poor man's Roquan Smith, Cichy is constantly around the ball sniffing out running plays while keeping his head on a swivel in coverage.

5.138 - Dane Cruikshank - DB, Arizona: Cruikshank is raw, but his ball skills make him worth developing.

5.174 - Julian Taylor - DL, Temple: Great size/speed/strength combo. Blew up against UCF this past season.

6.186 - Justin Watson - WR, Penn: Dominated lower level competition, has the physical tools to make the jump to the NFL.

6.207 - Dejon Allen - OL, Hawai'i: Good developmental interior OL.

7.239 - Kendall Donnerson - EDGE, SEMO: Has the physical tools, needs coaching.

Have at me...

54 minutes ago, Joe said:

We've heard enough debate and banter about who we think we should get. We've also had a full list of visits the Packers have had. Fishy enough, that list only has 27 of the 30 allotted draft visits. Something tells me that one of the other three, who weren't listed, will be our first round pick. I'm not playing it that way however.

Possible FA signings:

Jeremy Maclin-WR, Breshaud Breeland-CB

1.14 - Derwin James - DB, FSU: I want to go Minkah here but I don't think he'll be around. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if we traded down as well. Either way, James fits the bill for what we are seeking and can be an impact player from Day 1.

2.45 - Lorenzo Carter - EDGE, UGA: We could go with Arden Key here as well or OL with Connor Williams, but EDGE is a greater need than DB IMHO. Carter has the explosion and speed that Marcus Davenport showed at the combine, but the difference between the two is that Davenport didn't dominate at a lower level of competition and Carter was more productive against stronger competition.

3.76 - Dante Pettis - WR, Washington: Pettis can be what we had hoped Trevor Davis could be; a fluid speedster that could develop over time to be a solid WR2.

***Trade*** We send picks 101, 133, 172, and 232 to Jacksonville for picks 93 and 129

3.93 - Holton Hill - CB, Texas: Hill has elite skills, but needs a better environment and coaching in order to become successful. 

4.129 - Jack Cichy - LB, Wisconsin: A poor man's Roquan Smith, Cichy is constantly around the ball sniffing out running plays while keeping his head on a swivel in coverage.

5.138 - Dane Cruikshank - DB, Arizona: Cruikshank is raw, but his ball skills make him worth developing.

5.174 - Julian Taylor - DL, Temple: Great size/speed/strength combo. Blew up against UCF this past season.

6.186 - Justin Watson - WR, Penn: Dominated lower level competition, has the physical tools to make the jump to the NFL.

6.207 - Dejon Allen - OL, Hawai'i: Good developmental interior OL.

7.239 - Kendall Donnerson - EDGE, SEMO: Has the physical tools, needs coaching.

Have at me...

~ I personally think if the Packers trade up their target might be James... so I think they'd love him at #14 (and I don't think he'll be around by #14).

~ I think Carter is a more athletic Fackrell... they have no power in their pass rush... none. And that's just asking for trouble, because he can't set the edge either. I think Carter's best position is to be used in the slot for zone coverage and DB blitzes.

~ I'm just not excited about Dante Pettis, he might be decent, but he doesn't excite me. 

~ CB Hill is VERY TALENTED... but he couldn't stay on the field... and it wasn't injury related (some have suggested it was because he kept failing drug test, but I have no proof of that)... I'm not sure I'm going to try drafting him at his highest potential point, when rumor has it, he likes getting high too often.

~ Cichy also hasn't been able to stay on the field, but due to injuries, and again, you're drafting him at his full potential for a guy that couldn't stay on the field.

~ I haven't watched Cruikshank much, but what I've read... he sounds like Jarrett Bush... he's got the physical talent, but something in his head isn't letting his physical talented to connect and work together... to maximum it.

I like the end of your draft. I feel like you drafted a lot of players at their maximum potential... which is fine... if they reach that maximum potential... but a lot of players don't.

37 minutes ago, Beast said:

~ I haven't watched Cruikshank much, but what I've read... he sounds like Jarrett Bush... he's got the physical talent, but something in his head isn't letting his physical talented to connect and work together... to maximum it.

Cruikshank can catch. Bush could not.

Archived