Official Houston Rockets Thread: Phase 2 on hold

Pastor Dillon

Trading the 44th pick for AJ Griffin was a good move.  He is still young and it's worth the gamble.  He was the player I was hoping we take with the 17th pick in the draft back in 2022.  We took Eason right after him so its funny how we have both now.  If it doesnt work out then we didnt give up anything.  Hopefully a chance a scenery help him because he was awful year 2.

13 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I want to believe that Sheppard can shoot 40% from 3 in the league but it was a small sample size and we really won’t have a place for him in the rotation. 

He definitely will have a spot in the rotation.  You cant keep an elite shooter who plays defense minuteless on the bench.  Udoka will find a way to give him minutes.  

Edited by Texansfan713

12 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

Trading the 44th pick for AJ Griffin was a good move.  He is still young and it's worth the gamble.  He was the player I was hoping we take with the 17th pick in the draft back in 2022.  We took Eason right after him so its funny how we have both now.  If it doesnt work out then we didnt give up anything.  Hopefully a chance a scenery help him because he was awful year 2.

He definitely will have a spot in the rotation.  You cant keep an elite shooter who plays defense minuteless on the bench.

I’m just iffy on whether he can play defense in the nba. He wasn’t a great defender in college. He made some defensive highlights but there’s a difference. We really need to add a veteran pg 

though the one thing Sheppard might do is allow us to play amen and Sheppard but I don’t see Adams being able to be on the court with them 

maybe a 2nd unit of

shepphard/Amen/whitmore/Eason/smith

and we try and play Sengun and Adams together? 

idk how it’s all gonna fit. And I don’t trust Udoka to make it fit. 

we are gonna make a trade at some point. I think Adams is gonna have to go or we are gonna have to start amen. 

If we give Sengun and green the rookie max extension then we are gonna have to let smith walk next year. We can’t max all 3 of them and for some reason guys want that rookie max whether they earn it or not. The danger is what if smith finally puts it together or what if green is the player he always is. Super inconsistent. 

I’d 5/225 Sengun. He’s a unique talent that can be traded. Green is not. Green has potential but his wings are much easier to find. 

when has a team ever rookie maxed two guys from the same draft class?

now if they become all stars, years 3-5 are gonna be a bargain with the salary cap going up like it’s projected. 

2 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

If we give Sengun and green the rookie max extension then we are gonna have to let smith walk next year. We can’t max all 3 of them and for some reason guys want that rookie max whether they earn it or not. The danger is what if smith finally puts it together or what if green is the player he always is. Super inconsistent. 

Would you willingly take less money at your job if the company was offering more? Would you take a discount instead of taking more money at another company?

3 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Would you willingly take less money at your job if the company was offering more? Would you take a discount instead of taking more money at another company?

😂😂😂😂😂 I’m a pastor. 3 times I’ve taken pay cuts that go to new jobs. 

Surprising move resigning Holiday for 2 years with the 2nd year being a team option.  Thought for sure he would be gone since we drafted Reed Sheppard.  The roster is full now with 15 players.

Fred Vanvleet

Jalen Green

Dillon Brooks

Jabari Smith Jr.

Alperen Sengun

Amen Thompson

Reed Sheppard

Cam Whitmore

Tari Eason

Steven Adams

Aaron Holiday

AJ Griffin

Jae'Sean Tate

Jeff Green

Jock Landale

Nate Williams (2 way)

N'Faly Dante (2 way)

On 7/1/2024 at 3:08 PM, Texansfan713 said:

Surprising move resigning Holiday for 2 years with the 2nd year being a team option.  Thought for sure he would be gone since we drafted Reed Sheppard.  The roster is full now with 15 players.

Fred Vanvleet

Jalen Green

Dillon Brooks

Jabari Smith Jr.

Alperen Sengun

Amen Thompson

Reed Sheppard

Cam Whitmore

Tari Eason

Steven Adams

Aaron Holiday

AJ Griffin

Jae'Sean Tate

Jeff Green

Jock Landale

Nate Williams (2 way)

N'Faly Dante (2 way)

If one of our young guys could step up and take the franchise player role, that would be good. Sengun looked like he was that guy. Then green had 1 month where he looked great. 

we need to know what to do by the end of the season because guys are up for extensions