Official Houston Rockets Thread: Phase 2 on hold

Pastor Dillon

We need the Nets pick to be decent so we can use it as part of a trade to get an all star player.  

On 12/29/2023 at 9:37 PM, Pastor Dillon said:

Udoka is not it. Can’t wait until our next coach during phase 3. 

Not sure what you expected this season.  So far they have met my expectations.  I had an expectation to be a play in team.  

4 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

We need the Nets pick to be decent so we can use it as part of a trade to get an all star player.  

Not sure what you expected this season.  So far they have met my expectations.  I had an expectation to be a play in team.  

I expect Landale to not take game winning shots. Udoka needs offensive help badly. He is a great defensive minded coach, but he cant draw up plays to save his life 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Adams trade gives up one of the best C tandems in the league.  Only had to give up 3 second round picks is a win.  We keep the one thats not the best or worst this year, which will probably be Golden St's in the 40-44 pick range, and we keep the worst out of ours and OKC in 2025.  

This trade definitely means we not bringing back Landale next season.  Thank god only the first year of his deal is guaranteed.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We had a good season. Under normal circumstances this would have been a play in season. Crazy that .5000 won’t get it done this year. 

idk what to make of green. He had an incredible month but he struggled most of the season. 

we have too many pieces. Brooks the vet and amen the young guy are both gonna want to start 

Jabari has been consistent but doesn’t seem to be a star player 

whitmore is gonna be a good 6th man 

I am not sure that Sengun and green can coexist but fortunately green upped his trade value by a lot. 

Eason is gonna help if he can stay healthy. 

next years bench could be Amen/whitmore/eason/adams 

I can handle that. 

I also wonder what star player might come open this summer. We have a top 8 pick, Jalen Green, and a host of cap filler. We could make something happen. 

or we stand pat and give the team one final year to take the jump before we let FVV walk and either extend Sengun and Green or move on. 

should be an interesting off season. 

• 2 weeks later...