y2lamanaki

Are You SMarter Than an NFL GM? 2018 Picks Thread

4 hours ago, Forge said:

I need to get mine in...I'm really struggling with the Trent Brown trade on whether or not to do it. If I do it, I feel like you're almost obligated to take McGlinchey at #1, or I have to roll with Garry Gilliam for the year. Maybe not the worst thing ever, I don't know, but I want to keep it kind of realistic in that we clearly didn't want Brown, and if my HC doesn't want him, I see no reason to keep him. I can't count on a comp pick for him since I want to be active again in FA next season, so I understand the appeal of getting something for him now. 

As I recall you liked crosby and he lasted till the 4th.

36 minutes ago, big9erfan said:

As I recall you liked crosby and he lasted till the 4th.

Nah, didn't care for Crosby much one way or the other. I have tackles that preferred earlier like Christian, and guys I'd rather take chances on later (Matt Pryor, Demby, Jamarco Jones maybe) 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Nah, didn't care for Crosby much one way or the other. I have tackles that preferred earlier like Christian, and guys I'd rather take chances on later (Matt Pryor, Demby, Jamarco Jones maybe) 

Ah. Now I remember. It was Christian I was thinking of. He's the guy you picked in your mock, right?  In fact now that I'm remembering it he went at the spot we gave up to get Pettis. So if you decide not to move up for Pettis you can have him and someone else at our original 59. Guice? Chark? Washington?

Just now, big9erfan said:

Ah. Now I remember. It was Christian I was thinking of. He's the guy you picked in your mock, right?  In fact now that I'm remembering it he went at the spot we gave up to get Pettis. So if you decide not to move up for Pettis you can have him and someone else at our original 59. Guice? Chark? Washington?

Yep, and I have him locked in at 74 too LOL. He will definitely be my pick at 74. 

I actually was thinking Guice at 59, but haven't decided on that as of yet. I Think pick in the first round is going to be Minkah though. As the predraft process went on, I started liking the idea of Minkah more and more. 

I think I screwed up and traded Brown in the live version, which personally I wouldn’t have done, but I also would have re-signed him which I think our FO has made pretty clear wasn’t going to happen so I guess in a year it will be pretty inconsequential.

16 minutes ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

I think I screwed up and traded Brown in the live version, which personally I wouldn’t have done, but I also would have re-signed him which I think our FO has made pretty clear wasn’t going to happen so I guess in a year it will be pretty inconsequential.

Yeah, I mean, it's tough. For me it's a little easier I suppose because I don't view is as a playoff team, so a cheap right tackle in an inconsequential year means nothing, and it makes sense to get whatever value now. But it's also always the goal to make the playoffs, and dumping brown and starting Gilliam or a third rounder is us going backwards from that goal