2019 NFL draft where the jags pick at 32;) (Update: pick at 7)

2 minutes ago, DuvalsKing said:

Vernon Davis was an outlier he was basically chosen that high because he was thought to be the guy who was going to revolutionize the position because he had such a dominate workout. VD ran a 4.3 40 coming out he had a skill set that scouts thought were going to set him apart from past prospects but it didn't really materialize into anything QB or no QB aside and clearly as currently constructed we have no QB but people would be cool with taking TJ number 7? Is TJ a top 7 player in this years draft? I think I can rattle off about 30 players or more names I'd rather have before I even get to TJs name.    

30 names before Hock?  Really though?

I get not being into a TE at 7.  That's entirely fair, and i've already fought that fight back in the Howard/Engram draft.  But honestly...i'm starting to come around on it.  A true weapon TE who can do it all, is a cornerstone piece of an offense in this day and age.  Even if he's not your "leading receiver"...a guy like Hockenson does a ton in forcing opposing defensive coordinators into a decision if they want to really cover him.  Guys like that have an ability to dictate coverage, in a way other receivers often do not.  They can influence what coverage looks like on the inside and deep down the seam.  That makes things easier for other receivers around them.  If Hockenson is as good as it looks like he could be...that's the sort of weapon opposing teams have to legitimately gameplan against.  That's what you want.

21 hours ago, DuvalsKing said:

I like this thing.  It's just so hard with Haskins.  He's got the + moments that make him look like a bluechip franchise QB.  But he's also got these things where he looks every bit a "system QB" and given his single year of starting...it's scary as heck.

2 hours ago, Tugboat said:

30 names before Hock?  Really though?

I’m going with what the team needs and the names are not in any particular. Just names I would pick before TJ based on need and players that I just feel will make a bigger impact sooner, TE is not a position that you are going to see immediate impact from historically.

Nick Bosa

Quinnen Wiiliams

Josh Allen

Dwayne Haskin

Greedy Williams

Devin White

Ed Oliver

Kyler Murray

Clelin Ferrell

Jawaan Taylor

Dalton Risner

Kelvin Harmon 

Cody Ford

D.K. Metcalf

Rashan Gary

Montez Sweat

DeAndre Baker

AJ Brown

Marquise Brown

M’keal Harry

Byron Murphy

Kelvin Harmon

Christan Wilkins

Probably a few more names I’d take I like TJ if we were picking 20-32 I may take him. But to me these names would make a bigger impact out the box.

5 hours ago, DuvalsKing said:

Vernon Davis was an outlier he was basically chosen that high because he was thought to be the guy who was going to revolutionize the position because he had such a dominate workout. VD ran a 4.3 40 coming out he had a skill set that scouts thought were going to set him apart from past prospects but it didn't really materialize into anything QB or no QB aside and clearly as currently constructed we have no QB but people would be cool with taking TJ number 7? Is TJ a top 7 player in this years draft? I think I can rattle off about 30 players or more names I'd rather have before I even get to TJs name.    

If hockenson is the next great well rounded te(ie blocking and receiving) its worth a top 10 pick.  I wouldn't be suprised much if he was picked at 8 cuz the lions are looking to upgrade their te spot. 

Theres maybe 10 guys i like at pick 7.  Murray and haskins are the most ideal to me because we need a qb.  

In order

Haskins

Murray

Bosa(star de)

Q. Williams(elite dt prospect)

Hockenson(elite te)

Ford(star rg and potential good rt)

Metcalf(true number 1 wr)

Josh Allen(at either sam or de we need a 2nd edge rusherl

Devin white(i feel hes a true 3 down guy and a special MLB)

17 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

If hockenson is the next great well rounded te(ie blocking and receiving) its worth a top 10 pick.  I wouldn't be suprised much if he was picked at 8 cuz the lions are looking to upgrade their te spot. 

Theres maybe 10 guys i like at pick 7.  Murray and haskins are the most ideal to me because we need a qb.  

In order

Haskins

Murray

Bosa(star de)

Q. Williams(elite dt prospect)

Hockenson(elite te)

Ford(star rg and potential good rt)

Metcalf(true number 1 wr)

Josh Allen(at either sam or de we need a 2nd edge rusherl

Devin white(i feel hes a true 3 down guy and a special MLB)

I like Murray but honestly can’t see the FO pulling the trigger on the little guy.. I don’t care about his height or his size can the kid ball? Bortles at 6’5 was good for at least a batted pass a game I just want a guy who is going to strike fear in defenses.. I think Murray can provide that my concern is will his game continue to grow I don’t care if he gets any taller which won’t happen but as long as his game keeps on ascending I’m good.

1 hour ago, DuvalsKing said:

I like Murray but honestly can’t see the FO pulling the trigger on the little guy.. I don’t care about his height or his size can the kid ball? Bortles at 6’5 was good for at least a batted pass a game I just want a guy who is going to strike fear in defenses.. I think Murray can provide that my concern is will his game continue to grow I don’t care if he gets any taller which won’t happen but as long as his game keeps on ascending I’m good.

I cant see coughlin doing it tho hes traded for a 6 foot 1 qb(twice) and drafted garrard who was 6 foot 1 or 6 foot 2. I would draft Murray. At worst u missed again on a qb but murray seems different then our recent fails.  Looks like a good passer and has great mobility. To me hes a better passing lamar. 

2 hours ago, DuvalsKing said:

Did you really need Diroc to tell you that? They went and scouted 5 OSU games live this past season. I know OSU has a wealth of NFL talent but Haskins was clearly who they were scouting on the team.

Hardly means Haskins was at the top of our board because they watched him play a lot. They scouted a lot of college teams heavily...

12 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Hardly means Haskins was at the top of our board because they watched him play a lot. They scouted a lot of college teams heavily...

The report came out about 2 weeks before the season ended about the 5 live scouting visits it didn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out where we were drafting and the Jags needs who they were scouting there isn’t any upper echelon OSU players this year outside of Haskins, Bosa, and Dre’mont Jones. Jones is mid to late 1st early 2nd round pick, and Bosa left school like the 4th game of the season.. it wasn’t that hard to figure out. You can say that maybe the they were scouting the wideouts for 2-4th round selections but who is really traveling to 5 live games to see 2-4th round picks?🤔 Come on now let’s be real.

3 hours ago, DuvalsKing said:

The report came out about 2 weeks before the season ended about the 5 live scouting visits it didn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out where we were drafting and the Jags needs who they were scouting there isn’t any upper echelon OSU players this year outside of Haskins, Bosa, and Dre’mont Jones. Jones is mid to late 1st early 2nd round pick, and Bosa left school like the 4th game of the season.. it wasn’t that hard to figure out. You can say that maybe the they were scouting the wideouts for 2-4th round selections but who is really traveling to 5 live games to see 2-4th round picks?🤔 Come on now let’s be real.

Obviously not, but just because we're live scouting him a lot doesn't mean we're all in on him as the guy either. Could just as easily mean we're unsure but intrigued and want to see more of him. 

Just because you scout a guy/team a lot doesn't mean their top player just slides to the top of your board/is already there. Not to mention I'm sure they had some games in which the opposing team had some guys we wanted to see.

Archived