2018 NFL Redraft

Louis Delmas26

It is officially one week aft the draft and I have not posted in here in a while, but what would have been your ideal NFL Draft. Players go where they went and do not be unrealistic now that we see the results. Now its your turn to be Bob Quinn, what is your Redraft?

Mine:

1.20 - Frank "The Tank" Ragnow, C, Arkansas - I did not love the pick at first, but he is going to be an elite C and fills a major need

2. 9 - Harold Landry, DE/OLB, Boston College - We need another pass rusher and I was screaming for a trade up here and we did for Johnson, but I would have paid the price to move up an additional 2 picks for Landry.

3.18 - Maurice Hurst, DT, Michigan - I know about the concerns and I am sure I am a homer, but he was my top DT prospect in the draft and getting him here would have been a steal. We need interior help behind Robinson (especially since we just traded Akeem Spence).

4.14 - Kalen Ballage, RB, Arizona State - I was very high on him. He was not productive in college as his measurables say he should have been, but an athletic freak ala Latavius Murray or David Johnson

5. 16 - Tyrell Crosby, T/G, Oregon - amazing value

7.19- Nick Bawden, FB, San Diego State - I hated not having a FB last year and would shout at my TV every unconverted short yard situation... Loved this pick

What about you guys?

3 minutes ago, Louis Delmas26 said:

It is officially one week aft the draft and I have not posted in here in a while, but what would have been your ideal NFL Draft. Players go where they went and do not be unrealistic now that we see the results. Now its your turn to be Bob Quinn, what is your Redraft?

Mine:

1.20 - Frank "The Tank" Ragnow, C, Arkansas - I did not love the pick at first, but he is going to be an elite C and fills a major need

2. 9 - Harold Landry, DE/OLB, Boston College - We need another pass rusher and I was screaming for a trade up here and we did for Johnson, but I would have paid the price to move up an additional 2 picks for Landry.

3.18 - Maurice Hurst, DT, Michigan - I know about the concerns and I am sure I am a homer, but he was my top DT prospect in the draft and getting him here would have been a steal. We need interior help behind Robinson (especially since we just traded Akeem Spence).

4.14 - Kalen Ballage, RB, Arizona State - I was very high on him. He was not productive in college as his measurables say he should have been, but an athletic freak ala Latavius Murray or David Johnson

5. 16 - Tyrell Crosby, T/G, Oregon - amazing value

7.19- Nick Bawden, FB, San Diego State - I hated not having a FB last year and would shout at my TV every unconverted short yard situation... Loved this pick

What about you guys?

The only pick that is questionable for me is Hurst. We were all beating the drum for him and were not pleased he was passed over multiple times. According to BR's Matt Miller he has received notes from several scouts who were upset at the Raiders for the pick. Their opinion is that Hurst should never see the field as it could put his life in jeopardy. He was cleared by Michigan and Harvard, so it's hard to say without knowing why these scouts would take that position.

1 minute ago, Karnage84 said:

The only pick that is questionable for me is Hurst. We were all beating the drum for him and were not pleased he was passed over multiple times. According to BR's Matt Miller he has received notes from several scouts who were upset at the Raiders for the pick. Their opinion is that Hurst should never see the field as it could put his life in jeopardy. He was cleared by Michigan and Harvard, so it's hard to say without knowing why these scouts would take that position.

No I completely understand, but if he wants to play and was cleared by two of the best medical universities in the world, I want that guy on my team. Especially, with the chip on his shoulder of falling in the draft. I know the risk, but to me, in the 3rd, the risk would have been worth the reward. 

1 minute ago, Louis Delmas26 said:

No I completely understand, but if he wants to play and was cleared by two of the best medical universities in the world, I want that guy on my team. Especially, with the chip on his shoulder of falling in the draft. I know the risk, but to me, in the 3rd, the risk would have been worth the reward. 

It really just comes down to whether there was information that the people in the know have that we don't related to it. If it's a matter that the teams just weren't comfortable taking it on despite being cleared, then I'm with you. He'd be an incredible value and boost to that DL. If it's worse than what we know then it's not worth the risk to me. Some people consider 3rd round picks as high while others consider them middle round.

I like Ballage and don't think that he's going to be 2 rounds worse than Johnson, especially in a RBBC situation. I expect Kerryon to be the better player when all is said and done but to what extent is the question.

Well I know we had trade down options in the first so I'm pretty sure I would have done one..

I actually wanted ol here..and thought they felt the same... and ragnow was in the mix for me.. So I like this pick. I did have Wynn in my mind but soon as they said ragnow I was ok with it..(until I heard we had trade down options...)

No need for me to trade up in rd 2 I would of took Lorenzo Carter 

3rd I liked Harrison phillips 

4th I liked John Franklin Myers 

5th jaylen Samuels 

7th will clapp

As a udfa I really wanted jarvion Franklin

• 2 months later...

1. Harold Landry

2 Darius Guice

3. Arden Key (Total roll of the dice but this would be a toss up between Tyrell Crosby, Arden Key, &Ronnie Harrison)

4. Josh Sweat 

5. Tryell Crosby (I'm cheating since I would have taken him in the third)

7. Nick Bawden

honestly on draft weekend if we have landed those first two picks I would have been ecstatic.  And I would still have next years 3rd. 

Archived