Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 16 - Taco Bowl XVI POSTED!)

Gotta think that 33 game nerf is going to make Jimmy G unusable. It was less than that total that made Tony Romo unusable, and he was a top 5 sim QB prior. 

1 hour ago, pwny said:

Gotta think that 33 game nerf is going to make Jimmy G unusable. It was less than that total that made Tony Romo unusable, and he was a top 5 sim QB prior. 

Players who were never starters for more than half a season aren't penalized in the same way injured/suspended players are.

There's very little sample size in the case of Jimmy G, his college attributes are still factoring in (since he has not accrued a season with > 8 games played).

In general, backup players are handled a bit differently than starters.

Just now, TheKillerNacho said:

In general, backup players are handled a bit differently than starters.

As if they’re worse than the worst starter, basically, right?

Still gonna be a 13 game nerf though. 

2 minutes ago, pwny said:

As if they’re worse than the worst starter, basically, right?

Still gonna be a 13 game nerf though. 

I realized my post was somewhat confusing originally.

Jimmy actually isn't eligible for the nerf at all. Players who have never had a season in which they played in over half the games haven't reached the threshold to where that nerf is applied. In Jimmy's case, getting hurt for over half the season actually prevented this from going into affect.

This is similar to players who have been hurt or not played in most games to only get a partial modification from their play in that season (most players like this, in addition to the nerf, still have their 3rd to last season apply).

The reason being that most of the algorithms simply don't work well at low sample size (as you would expect).

1 minute ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I realized my post was somewhat confusing originally.

Jimmy actually isn't eligible for the nerf at all. Players who have never had a season in which they played in over half the games haven't reached the threshold to where that nerf is applied. In Jimmy's case, getting hurt for over half the season actually prevented this from going into affect.

The reason being that most of the algorithms simply don't work well at low sample size (as you would expect).

Does that mean he’s basically going to be the same player that he was for Bucs a couple sim seasons ago?

Just now, pwny said:

Does that mean he’s basically going to be the same player that he was for Bucs a couple sim seasons ago?

He's going to get a minor modification based on the 3 games he played this season but the way it effectively works is it will merge those three games to his 2017 games, since 3 games isn't enough to properly count as a year.

This sounds terribly confusing. For most players that are NSFL quality this hardly ever applies. Jimmy G is a rarity that he's played extremely well but the sample size is too low to product a proper full attribute list for the player. Usually I don't mention the mess that is the backup player attribute code because as I said, it almost never applies to NSFL players.

9 minutes ago, pwny said:

6 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

He's going to get a minor modification based on the 3 games he played this season but the way it effectively works is it will merge those three games to his 2017 games, since 3 games isn't enough to properly count as a year.

This sounds terribly confusing. For most players that are NSFL quality this hardly ever applies. Jimmy G is a rarity that he's played extremely well but the sample size is too low to product a proper full attribute list for the player. Usually I don't mention the mess that is the backup player attribute code because as I said, it almost never applies to NSFL players.

If this code wasn't in place you would get backups who made a fantastic play in their one snap of the season be graded 100, for example.

On the other hand if the game debuff applied to these players they'd all be ranked extremely low (much lower than you would expect for an actual NFL-grade backup player). They'd be on par with a peewee player.

Basically the idea is to protect players of a low sample size from huge positive and negative swings. This effect is usually only noticeable in the NSFL in that it smooths out the progression and regression of rookies.

Hopefully that makes it clear lol

2 hours ago, pwny said:

Remember when Tony Romo got hit with the nerf and then destroyed the eagles on his only drive of week 17 proving he was still leet.

I member

1 hour ago, TheKillerNacho said:

If this code wasn't in place you would get backups who made a fantastic play in their one snap of the season be graded 100, for example.

On the other hand if the game debuff applied to these players they'd all be ranked extremely low (much lower than you would expect for an actual NFL-grade backup player). They'd be on par with a peewee player.

Basically the idea is to protect players of a low sample size from huge positive and negative swings. This effect is usually only noticeable in the NSFL in that it smooths out the progression and regression of rookies.

Hopefully that makes it clear lol

Is this why Brisel was a god?

2 hours ago, Glen said:

Is this why Brisel was a god?

The RNG loved him, idk. His attributes were above average iirc but nothing special lol

I think since then I've also refined OL code. This was also before the inactivity nerf so his rating never went down as he stopped playing.

47 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Remember when everyone complained about Daryl Washington and the like?

I member

I had aldon smith and Tony romo.

I would have been dumb to ever complain lol

Archived