Our closest div rivals for 2018

Hunter2_1

Which team do you expect will be the one to look over our shoulder at?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. closest rival in the East

• Buffalo
    • Miami
    • New York
    • Nah, we'll steam home in straight sets as usual.

Obviously we're going to win the Div (B|) but I believe we will be challenged this year. Not to the extent that we'll be in a must-win situation in Week 17 or anything, but I believe all 3 teams have improved this offseason, and I wondered which team gives you the most concern (relatively speaking). Some nice moves (and some bad moves) made by the others.

It’s a toss up, I can’t decide. 

The Bills have the worst QB situation IMO but the best coach too. McDermott got a lot more out of that team than he should have and besides playing with Peterman, he’s made sound decisions. The offense probably isn’t all that lethal with pretty much just Shady to worry about but the defense has some real potential if the 2017 guys prove to be more than flukes (Hyde, Poyer, White, adding Edmunds, Phillips, Murphy). 

The Jets have the most interesting case at QB (I like Teddy and Darnold) and IMO, they have a case for best roster overall amongst the 3. Their secondary is a threat at this point. Their receivers have some potential. You don’t know what you’re going to get out of them honestly, but we can expect them to play us tough once as per usual. 

The Dolphins have the best/most proven non-Brady QB in Tannehill who actually played well before injuring himself two seasons ago. Behind him is Kenyan Drake (a guy who gave us nightmares), Parker, Stills, Amendola, and Wilson. Not to mention adding Gesicki. The defense lost Suh but added some good pieces in Baker and Minkah, and Howard was a problem last year in the matchup. Gase is a JAG but they weren’t a bad team when running on all cylinders in 2016. 

I think I’d lean towards Miami, though it wouldn’t surprise me to see a 9-7 type season out of any of these teams.

16 hours ago, mission27 said:

Jets tbh

Darnold is deranged but he will give us trouble

I'm less intimidated by Darnold than Allen. Allen couldn't hit the broadside of a barn, but is tough and has a cannon for an arm. Darnold is mentally weak.

I think it's Miami. Rushing game will be decent with their new-look OL (which does actually look good). Drake looks set. Not sure about Tannehill tbh. Some really good pieces on their D, they just need to be more consistent. Remember the game Howard gave us? 

4 hours ago, Elky said:

I'm less intimidated by Darnold than Allen. Allen couldn't hit the broadside of a barn, but is tough and has a cannon for an arm. Darnold is mentally weak.

Darnold is also a turnover machine. They can't beat us if they give us the ball continually.

5 hours ago, Elky said:

Darnold is more creative & can make things happen, can move, those are the kind of guys who give us trouble.

Not sure either is gonna have much success though tbh.

10 hours ago, mission27 said:

Darnold is more creative & can make things happen, can move, those are the kind of guys who give us trouble.

Not sure either is gonna have much success though tbh.

Yeah, I'd actually be more concerend with Tyrod Taylor than Allen (or Darnold). Quite glad he's out of the Div. A very careful passer who can also run and bail for first downs - probably the best way to play against our pass defense. 

Archived