Jamies Winston Suspended First Three Weeks

REDandPEWTER

I suggest it is best to wait for all the details to come out from the investigation because they eventually will.  Both sides have engaged in PR spin the 2 previous days.

I do find it interesting that the league imposed a 3 game suspension as opposed to Elliot and 6.  What was the rational?  Once all the details of the report come out, hopefully this punishment will make sense as opposed to some arbitrary judgment by a commissioner with unlimited authority. 

2 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Obviously Darby’s statement was not credible. Don’t be naive. 

At no point did Darby state in public he was in the car the entire time, it was just assumed.  To assume, he didnt tell the truth what he saw while he was in the car is wrong at this point.  Again, maybe once the report is released and if there is concrete proof Darby lied, then his credibility can be questioned. 

I m not sure why the league is dragging its feet and just release the investigation and suspend him officially.  Parsing out pieces of the investigation seems an odd strategy, but this is the Goodell NFL.  Article 47 gives the players literally no right to appeal and win no matter how far away from legal proof within an actual court room would set as a standard.

35 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Obviously Darby’s statement was not credible. Don’t be naive. 

Not being close minded =/= being naive.

Darby could be telling the truth based on the time he was in the taxi. Winston could have then got in the front at a later point after Darby had been dropped off. The issue appears to lie with Darby apparently not being in the taxi for the whole time Winston was.

There’s nothing “obvious” at play here at all.

Winston needs to be released. 

I'm so sick of his idiotic clown antics trying to "pump up" the team before games. He's not good on the field. Continues to make bad decisions and still lacks maturity. Let's not forget about his fight he started with the Saints last year for absolutely no reason, and it got Mike Evans suspended. He obviously can't handle himself off the field. And people still continue to defend him. It boggles my mind.

And they're trying to use his college friend as a witness to this Uber incident.. unreal.

I don't care who the backup is. It's time to move on from Jameis.

5 minutes ago, Caaddy24 said:

I'm so sick of his idiotic clown antics trying to "pump up" the team before games. He's not good on the field. Continues to make bad decisions and still lacks maturity. Let's not forget about his fight he started with the Saints last year for absolutely no reason, and it got Mike Evans suspended. He obviously can't handle himself off the field. And people still continue to defend him. It boggles my mind.

And they're trying to use his college friend as a witness to this Uber incident.. unreal.

I wonder what the jets will want for bridgewater? 

52 minutes ago, Caaddy24 said:

Lol , Mike Evans is responsible for his own actions. 

1 hour ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Lol then why did Darby speak up? Jameis did himself in and Darby covered for him. The league had 8 months with this investigation and found out the camp of winston Darby did not tell the whole truth. 

Possibly because he was in the back of the taxi with Winston? Maybe the full version of events were never reported, despite the fact Darby gave a full statement at the time?

Out of interest, if your friend sexually assaulted someone, would you cover for him? If not, why do you believe Darby would?

4 minutes ago, Buc Ball said:

Possibly because he was in the back of the taxi with Winston? Maybe the full version of events were never reported, despite the fact Darby gave a full statement at the time?

Out of interest, if your friend sexually assaulted someone, would you cover for him? If not, why do you believe Darby would?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/eagles-darby-says-he-was-in-uber-with-winston-nothing-inappropriate-happened/amp/

Darby’s statement did not include he was not there the whole ride. 

15 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

It didn’t say that he was.

What did his statement to the NFL say?

You also didn’t answer my question about whether you’d cover for your friend if he sexually assaulted someone - which is it?

1 hour ago, Caaddy24 said:

I’ll say Evans is responsible for his own actions but yeah winston instigated it. He’s a moron on and off the field. 

Finally someone who’s on the same page. Too many are willing to continue to side with this goon. Jason Licht is looking pretty bad at this point. 

2 minutes ago, Buc Ball said:

It didn’t say that he was.

What did his statement to the NFL say?

You also didn’t answer my question about whether you’d cover for your friend if he sexually assaulted someone - which is it?

The below paragraph , I’ve been warned not to go personal on so I’m going to avoid getting into it. All I know is I have friends who have integrity that would not put themselves in that scenario. 

Archived