Newman!

vike daddy

5 minutes ago, Klomp said:

That doesn't sound promising for those who want him as a camp cut

I always thought that there was about a 0.5% chance that he'd be cut.  I'm still not sure why anyone would expect otherwise.  He doesn't come back if there's any chance he'd be cut.  

I'm not sure if you've heard this yet, but Minnesota Vikings cornerback Terence Newman is 40 years old. Well technically he's still 39, but on September 4th and before the seasons starts he'll be 40 years old and still playing an effective role in the NFL. That's pretty crazy, and to do so at a position other than quarterback is even crazier. On Monday, defensive coordinator George Edwards was asked if he had ever dreamed that he (only 51 years old himself) would ever be coaching a 40 year old player in the NFL.

Edwards:  "I've done it once before, when I was in Washington I had Darryl Green. He and Bruce Smith. [Green played to the age of 42 as a cornerback and Smith played until 40 as a defensive end.] Anytime you've got a player that has been that productive for that long, they're very special. Being able to take care of their bodies, we try to explain that to the young guys, the sooner you start, it's more longevity on your career."

"Guys are paying more attention to nutrition and the things that they put into their body, the recovery, how much sleep they're getting. That seems to be a common denominator is the attention that they've paid to that off the field as far as what they ate, the rest that they got. They're not just driving out to McDonald's or Burger King and eating. What we have facility wise, what we have right here available to them with our nutrition bar and upstairs in the cafeteria and what they're preparing. I think all of those things in conjunction with their awareness plays a big part in it."

https://kfan.iheart.com/featured/vikings-blog/content/2018-08-27-vikings-dc-edwards-credits-nutritionawareness-to-newmans-longevity/

i've been telling you yutes for years now... throw away the fried junk food and eat your salmon!

12 hours ago, vike daddy said:

I've been telling you yutes for years now... throw away the fried junk food and eat your salmon!

Well, you'll have to cut them some slack.  Not all of us have trained grizzlies that fetch us food on a routine basis!

George Edwards:  "I think Terence is a big plus to us. Not only with the things that he does to get himself prepared, but the things that he does with these young guys, helping them get prepared, showing them how to be a true professional. He’s been out there taking reps and looking good, so I don’t think age has anything to do with it. He’s a little different that way. He’s a true professional who takes care of his body and prepares as well as anybody, so it’s a blessing for us to have him."

https://247sports.com/nfl/minnesota-vikings/Article/Terence-Newman-value-goes-beyond-skill-set-121117066/

Archived