2018 Hall of Fame game - Bears vs Ravens

Webmaster

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Here's a little quote on what RGIII's been trying to relay to Jackson, and I think it kind of speaks volumes about what RGIII is teaching him.

Basically, "I came into the league thinking this, but then I learned you can't do that". Basically I just want RGIII to teach Lamar what not to do. RGIII seems pretty self-aware. He's well aware of what killed his career and why that happened, so if he can help Lamar not go down that path (learn to slide and not take big hits, specifically), I think that's all we need right now. Other than that, by having RGIII around now, we're setting ourselves up for next year when Lamar is the starter and RGIII is the backup. RGIII isn't gonna be the guy to teach Lamar about progressions and the intellectual side of quarterbacking - and quite frankly neither will Joe Flacco - but if he can teach Lamar what NOT to do to preserve your body, that's a huge benefit to him.

I can definitely see that, and I said a long time ago I would have been much happier with RG3 as the Bears back up over Chase Daniels and Bray. he at least has some sort of high end attribute to utilize. I just meant as a mentor to teach him how to read defenses, weaknesses of coverage, how to study, etc. Sanchez apparently did that really well for Trubisky, Smith for Mahomes, etc. Preserving his body should actively be a concern of the coaching staff as well, like when GB literally with Rodgers to teach him how/when to slide. Sounds silly at first to utilize a fair chunk of time when it is so limited on the practice field, but I'd sacrifice a chunk of time to keep my franchise QB healthy 100/100 times.

21 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I can definitely see that, and I said a long time ago I would have been much happier with RG3 as the Bears back up over Chase Daniels and Bray. he at least has some sort of high end attribute to utilize. I just meant as a mentor to teach him how to read defenses, weaknesses of coverage, how to study, etc. Sanchez apparently did that really well for Trubisky, Smith for Mahomes, etc. Preserving his body should actively be a concern of the coaching staff as well, like when GB literally with Rodgers to teach him how/when to slide. Sounds silly at first to utilize a fair chunk of time when it is so limited on the practice field, but I'd sacrifice a chunk of time to keep my franchise QB healthy 100/100 times.

Our coaches can't even teach a baseball player to slide. Have you seen Flacco slide? He breaks his damn knee brace every time because he's so bad at it and apparently nobody on the coaching staff knows how to teach a baseball slide.

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Our coaches can't even teach a baseball player to slide. Have you seen Flacco slide? He breaks his damn knee brace every time because he's so bad at it and apparently nobody on the coaching staff knows how to teach a baseball slide.

They can have consultants come in to help. I think GB actually brought someone in.

Using Flacco isn't really fair. Jay was great at sliding. His slides looked like this

footballbearsvssteelen7pjq.gif

8 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

They can have consultants come in to help. I think GB actually brought someone in.

Using Flacco isn't really fair. Jay was great at sliding. His slides looked like this

footballbearsvssteelen7pjq.gif

I see your Jay Cutler slide and bring you the slide that killed the Seahawks franchise until Russell Wilson:

5 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I see your Jay Cutler slide and bring you the slide that killed the Seahawks franchise until Russell Wilson:

Matt was never 230 pounds of diabetic steel like Jay. Agility of a gazelle, power of a rampaging bull, blood sugar of Paula Deen.

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Anyone can slide, well any athlete. I think the reason some don't do it well is because their body tells them not to. RGIII's body is susceptible to being injured making that slide so he can't instinctively do it because his body is working against him instinctively. My take anyway.

3 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Anyone can slide, well any athlete. I think the reason some don't do it well is because their body tells them not to. RGIII's body is susceptible to being injured making that slide so he can't instinctively do it because his body is working against him instinctively. My take anyway.

Every time Joe Flacco slides two things happen:

1) A massive divot is created in the turf/grass

2) His knee brace completely shatters

Archived