Patriots Release WR Kenny Britt

AlNFL19

29 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

And how are any of them the same as Dez? 

They are were all perceived as risks for various reasons because their character profile didn't fit this mysterious "Patriot Way". Many of the players mentioned, (fair or unfair), had came to the Patriots being questioned for their work ethic, personality/ego, and intelligence.

16 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

I'm forgettig many other people but Dez Bryant fits right into the culture as well as all these players listed.

Disagree. I think Dez is special. Not to mention he can't get separation, so it's a no from me. (And Bill, no doubt).

Out of sheer curiosity, where would a guy like DeVante Parker land on your depth chart? Would Bill even want him? For what price?

The trade would never happen for all kinds of reasons, but he is a potential 2019 cut, and possible trade bait during the first few weeks of the season.

1 hour ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Not to mention he can't get separation

Wrong. Short and intermediate routes he still separated with regularity in 2017. Deep Dez isn't the same but he can still win consistently.

As for Dez's marriage to the Cowboys, it was over after multiple injuries and a changing of philosophy with Dak Prescott.

1 hour ago, cddolphin said:

Out of sheer curiosity, where would a guy like DeVante Parker land on your depth chart? Would Bill even want him? For what price?

The trade would never happen for all kinds of reasons, but he is a potential 2019 cut, and possible trade bait during the first few weeks of the season.

Without Julian? He might start if he can pick up the playbook. 

19 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

As in a special head case or special talent? (both)

Special head case. Those on your list were able to be moulded by Bill (As far as we can tell), I think Bryant would be a diva too far.

And I'm not sure if you've been watching him, but you're vastly overrating him now. He WAS a great receiver (never really got that separations) - he was a jump ball god and really good after the catch. He's still a jump ball merchant, but has lost a lot of what made him good. Also, he only lines up in one position - very rarely goes in motion or moved around the formation - so good luck trying to fit in here. It's like trying to put an RV into a glove.

Archived