Patriots Release WR Kenny Britt

AlNFL19

And another one's gone. Three guys who had arguably the most hype at the position coming into camp have been shown the door with Matthews, Mitchell, and now Britt. My guess is the Patriots aren't seeing the progress from Britt with his injury and all and are satisfied with Cordarrelle Patterson's work as an outside receiver through two weeks of the preseason.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000950164/article/patriots-to-part-ways-with-veteran-wr-kenny-britt

3 hours ago, ChazStandard said:

That's a bummer.

So the first 4 games of the season the WR corps. will be Hogan, Dorsett, Patterson and 1 or 2 of Berrios, McCarron and Lucien.

Doesn't look too great.

Berrios will for sure make it, which leaves it to McCarron/Lucien/Decker... or Dez Bryant.

Good, bye bye.

As for Dez, I'd rather sign Bill's wife to start at WR. She'd at least turn up to meetings on time. Don't know if you've noticed, but there' s a culture here and a tight ship. No matter how talented you are, if you can't fit the culture, you don't belong. It's why we are always good.

1 hour ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Good, bye bye.

As for Dez, I'd rather sign Bill's wife to start at WR. She'd at least turn up to meetings on time. Don't know if you've noticed, but there' s a culture here and a tight ship. No matter how talented you are, if you can't fit the culture, you don't belong. It's why we are always good.

Aaron Hernandez

Reche Caldwell

Randy Moss

Corey Dillon

Rodney Harrison

LeGarrette Blount

Aqib Talib

Brandon Meriweather

Martellus Bennett

To a lesser extent:

Asante Samuel

Chad Ochocinco (diva and questionable fit)

Kevin Faulk (pretty sure his LSU days were sketchy)

Kenny Britt

Darrelle Revis (effort reportedly tanked in Tampa Bay)

Ty Law

Alfonzo Dennard

Albert Haynesworth

Chad Jackson

JC Jackson

Laurence Maroney

Cordarelle Patterson

James Harrison (was considered a cancer last season for the Steelers before signing with the Pats and wore out his stay with the Bengals at the end)

I'm forgettig many other people but Dez Bryant fits right into the culture as well as all these players listed.

Archived