• No
    • One series
    • One quarter
    • One half
    • Whole game
    • OH GOD HIS KNEE!

Image result for patriots at houston 2017

Saturday at 8pm, prime time baby! First game utilizing these bad boys:

If any injuries occur, Jonny Kraft assures us these puppies will help with recovery, so go into this game with no fears!

Things to watch:

- Can Hollister and Carr build off their good games in week 1?

- Will Kony Ealy break out of the doghouse and prove he was worth trading for?

-Can Jimmy G perform against 1st string competition?

-How much does Dion play? Do we see Gillisee or Burkhead? Any clarification on the RB log jam? Is Dion's spot in danger?

-Will someone rise up at DE? Is wise still in the concussion protocol?

-How many 20+ receptions will Cyrus Jones give up?

13 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Things to watch:

-Will someone rise up at DE? Is wise still in the concussion protocol?

I hope not, but I'm pretty sure he will be. I also hope it was not serious enough for him to consider retirement, as we've seen some younger guys in the last few years. He was my favourite Pats draft selection this year and I hope he can become a good rotational piece.

-How many 20+ receptions will Cyrus Jones give up?

All of them. Even when not his receiver was the target.

I think Wise is unofficially out this game and that should be it for him missing time. Alan Branch and Malcolm Mitchell back to practicing is good. I love me some Branch. Still waiting on Hightower. Any news on Slater?

I really want to see Hangi play more of an edge role in this game. If he can prove that he can play each LB spot and some edge/nink role he could carve out his spot on the final 53. The back end of this roster is really in flux IMO

Cannon is one of the more underrated stories of last year and hopefully this year as well. The guy was not very good pre-scar. However, he was a mauler in college but fell to round 5 in the draft because he was diagnosed with non-hodgkin lymphoma. He beat it, used the lock out to recover from chemo and reported to the team on the 53 man roster mid season in 2011. From there he was a back up swing tackle and guard for years, never really settling in on any position and suffering from the all around chaos that was the O-line for that time period. Last year he says enough playing around, shows up to camp in the best shape of his life, and gets Scar to coach him up and we have a really good tackle on our hands. 

37 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Cannon is one of the more underrated stories of last year and hopefully this year as well. The guy was not very good pre-scar. However, he was a mauler in college but fell to round 5 in the draft because he was diagnosed with non-hodgkin lymphoma. He beat it, used the lock out to recover from chemo and reported to the team on the 53 man roster mid season in 2011. From there he was a back up swing tackle and guard for years, never really settling in on any position and suffering from the all around chaos that was the O-line for that time period. Last year he says enough playing around, shows up to camp in the best shape of his life, and gets Scar to coach him up and we have a really good tackle on our hands. 

Owned Watt and Beasley :x

2 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

I agree wholeheartedly with this. I believe that last year he was arguably the second most reliable offensive player on the roster, behind only Tom.

I must admit though that after the 2015 season I was hoping he could be trade/cut. The images of Von Miller destroying him in the championship game gave me nightmares and kept me awake at night. On his defense, the whole OL was in disarray.

The most important conclusion from the evolution of the OL last year is that Scar must have some sort of voodoo coaching, man. That guy is a miracle maker. I just hope he sticks around for a long time.

Keep Brady out of this one too, maybe just a series or 2. Don't play Gronk at all.

I  hate pre-season.

Re: Roster fringe guys, I think Langi might already have made the cut - wouldn't be surprised if Harris didn't make the 53. Seems like every year some veteran is cut at the last minute. I like Carr but we don't have room for him, but he should be a lock for the PS if some WR-needy team doesn't poach him. J. Hollister is competing for the third TE spot, too close to call right now.

I want to see more Burkhead this game, and really get a feel for the pecking order and roles of the RBs. It still feels like a muddle of above-average versitile types, with no clear delineation of who does what.

5 hours ago, atmer said:

The most important conclusion from the evolution of the OL last year is that Scar must have some sort of voodoo coaching, man. That guy is a miracle maker. I just hope he sticks around for a long time.

I'm not so confident that Scar will stay much longer. He's going to be 70 by season's end, won 4 SBs already (might have a good shot at a 5th) and already retired once. He might love his job, but I'd wager Bill will have to lobby real hard to make him stay if the team makes it again to the Superb Owl, well yet they win it.

2 hours ago, LD696 said:

I'm not so confident that Scar will stay much longer. He's going to be 70 by season's end, won 4 SBs already (might have a good shot at a 5th) and already retired once. He might love his job, but I'd wager Bill will have to lobby real hard to make him stay if the team makes it again to the Superb Owl, well yet they win it.

Maybe he came to realize that this whole retiring thing is really not for him. 

But, yeah, I agree with you. I can't really see him sticking around for much longer. :(

Archived