Sean Payton and his fullbacks

Dome

We're carrying two "fullbacks" again. We've done it in the past with Korey Hall and Jed Collins as well as normally having at least one TE that takes snaps in the backfield regularly.

Now we have Edmunds who took snaps at FB this preseason and Line who was our starter at the position last year. My guess is Edmunds is a ST player who might get some gametime in blowouts (like the Buffalo game) and won't act as a FB really in any capacity.

So my question is, how do you guys feel about carrying Line our starting FB and also Edmunds as a FB/RB over a guy like Kamrin Moore or Natrell Jamerson (who were both picked up off the waiver wire)?

3 hours ago, Dome said:

So my question is, how do you guys feel about carrying Line our starting FB and also Edmunds as a FB/RB over a guy like Kamrin Moore or Natrell Jamerson (who were both picked up off the waiver wire)?

That was surprising because the Saints normally don't cut rookies, especially not rookies who actually made some plays. And especially not rookies who play a position I'm not so sure we're solid enough at yet. It's really not that surprising though because Sean is just a confusing coach in general sometimes.

So Edmunds is gone now and apparently Gillislee is the Ingram pro temp.

I was excited to see we signed Jonathan Williams to practice squad, so there's still something the coaches see there. I know we were all pretty surprised when he was cut, so hopefully he can swing back into the mix as time roles on. He'll also be a great go-to guy if we get a sudden injury.

5 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

So Edmunds is gone now and apparently Gillislee is the Ingram pro temp.

I was excited to see we signed Jonathan Williams to practice squad, so there's still something the coaches see there. I know we were all pretty surprised when he was cut, so hopefully he can swing back into the mix as time roles on. He'll also be a great go-to guy if we get a sudden injury.

Seems strange to me. IDK what they see in Gillislee that they didn’t see in plenty of FAs or rookies. I just don’t think he’s a special player. Would’ve much rather stuck with Williams or even Hightower (we brought him in for a visit) TBH

hope I’m wrong and he can regain his Buffalo form 

10 hours ago, Dome said:

Seems strange to me. IDK what they see in Gillislee that they didn’t see in plenty of FAs or rookies. I just don’t think he’s a special player. Would’ve much rather stuck with Williams or even Hightower (we brought him in for a visit) TBH

hope I’m wrong and he can regain his Buffalo form 

I've always wondered what the interview process consists of. It's not just playing style, I guess, so I wonder what some of these odd players do that intrigues Payton & crew.

Anyway, like you, I hope we see a return to his 5.7 average that we saw in Buffalo.

Archived