MNF - Raiders vs Rams

Webmaster

On 9/11/2018 at 1:57 AM, BayRaider said:

Who woulda thought Denver would start 2-0.

I dunno, I actually expect Denver to do quite well with Keenum as their QB this year.  When you think about the absolute catastrophe they have suffered at the position since they won the SB its kind of obvious (to me at least) that if you give them a half way decent QB they should significantly improve.  Keenum may not be a great QB, but he's at least a solid starter, and he might as well be Tom Brady in comparison to Siemian, Osweiler, and Lynch.  When you have a defense like the Broncos still have all you really need is for your offense to be able to make a few clutch plays and NOT lose games for you with TO's, and I think Keenum can certainly do that at least.

1 hour ago, megatechpc said:

I dunno, I actually expect Denver to do quite well with Keenum as their QB this year.  When you think about the absolute catastrophe they have suffered at the position since they won the SB its kind of obvious (to me at least) that if you give them a half way decent QB they should significantly improve.  Keenum may not be a great QB, but he's at least a solid starter, and he might as well be Tom Brady in comparison to Siemian, Osweiler, and Lynch.  When you have a defense like the Broncos still have all you really need is for your offense to be able to make a few clutch plays and NOT lose games for you with TO's, and I think Keenum can certainly do that at least.

I don't think Keenum is anywhere near as good as you think. Viking QB systen is friendly. Keenum could be quite below average this year. Not as bad your usual Bronco QB core, but not nearly as good as people are thinking. 

22 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I don't think Keenum is anywhere near as good as you think. Viking QB systen is friendly. Keenum could be quite below average this year. Not as bad your usual Bronco QB core, but not nearly as good as people are thinking. 

I know he had the 3 picks (which is exactly the opposite of what I said he could provide them this year) but overall Keenum had a really solid game vs the Seahawks last Sunday.  I know there is no more LOB anymore, but that defense still has some serious talent on it (Wagner and ET) so you can't simply dismiss his play as having faced a bad defense.  As I said, Keenum is a solid starter in this league (he also played decently in 2016 for the Rams as they did start 3-0, and that was in Fisher's notoriously horrible offense).  I'm not saying that I expect him to be Keenum with the Vikings last year, but I do think he will be significantly better than you do.  We'll see.

On 9/11/2018 at 12:31 PM, BayRaider said:

They leave after their rookie contract cause Ravens can't pay em not cause Ravens suck. This is the result of Flaccos contract.

Even if that were the case, who left that was noteworthy? Just Osemele, really. Guys like Arthur Jones, Paul Kruger, Ed Reed, Torrey Smith, Anquan Boldin, Bernard Pollard, Cary Williams, and Courtney Upshaw didn’t do all that much after leaving Baltimore. Maybe you could argue Ngata/Boldin, but they were way passed their primes by then. 

The issue was really with the horrid drafting that followed, then the injuries. 

13 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Even if that were the case, who left that was noteworthy? Just Osemele, really. Guys like Arthur Jones, Paul Kruger, Ed Reed, Torrey Smith, Anquan Boldin, Bernard Pollard, Cary Williams, and Courtney Upshaw didn’t do all that much after leaving Baltimore. Maybe you could argue Ngata/Boldin, but they were way passed their primes by then. 

The issue was really with the horrid drafting that followed, then the injuries. 

They also couldn't sign any note worthy free agents. 

19 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

They also couldn't sign any note worthy free agents. 

His cap hits following the SB run were $6.8M, $14.8M, and $14.5M. 

Pretty modest.

And by 2016, the year his cap #s went up, he was in-line with lots of other QBs. It wasn’t a good contract because Flacco was never great, but it wasn’t like the deal is what crippled the franchise.

8 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

His cap hits following the SB run were $6.8M, $14.8M, and $14.5M. 

Pretty modest.

And by 2016, the year his cap #s went up, he was in-line with lots of other QBs. It wasn’t a good contract because Flacco was never great, but it wasn’t like the deal is what crippled the franchise.

It didn’t cripple them at all Flacco fell off a cliff after he got paid and his team suffered because of his play and some questionable draft selections 

Archived