What if Dalton has a near 2015 level season?

patriotsheatyan

1 hour ago, Nozizaki said:

We need to stop knocking Andy Dalton. the Andy Dalton tier of quarterbacks, is simply the second tier of Quarterbacks. They're good and tend not to make mistakes, but they aren't the Tier 1 QBs that simply can take over games against teams that are better than theirs. Matt Stafford, Matt Ryan and Kirk Cousins are all QBs in this tier, and they aren't going anywhere anytime soon.

While I agree with all this, I think the problem is not enough people put Dalton in the same tier as QBs you listed. And they should. He’s been every bit as good as Stafford, and is never close to him on any lists. 

11 minutes ago, Toomers said:

While I agree with all this, I think the problem is not enough people put Dalton in the same tier as QBs you listed. And they should. He’s been every bit as good as Stafford, and is never close to him on any lists. 

They're definitely different style quarterbacks, and I definitely think Stafford has better arm strength. But the only reason you could rank him above Dalton is that he has so  many 4th quarter comebacks to bail out his team.

On 9/14/2018 at 1:02 AM, patriotsheatyan said:

Like, 105 rating and 4000 yards (16 games this time). This isn’t unprecedented given his 2015 season. 

1: Could the Bengals contend?

2: Would Dalton buy himself a few more years or just one?

3: How would your perception change of him?

4: How would perception around the league change of him?

1. Sure. It's early in the season. They could get hot. And a QB who is playing well always helps keep a team in contention.

2. Depends on how he performs in the post season.

3. Until he does anything but wilt in the post season, my opinion of him isn't going to change.

4. See 2 and 3.

Archived