Broncos RB DeAngelo Henderson

elliot878

So if you take out Von Miller you're still happy with that,draft as a whole?

Yes. Franklin was above average for a R2 selection in that he started for years with us and gave us adequate play, and I will never stop touting how effective he and Vasquez were in mauling from the right side. Moore was about average for his draft position, I don't expect much more than a mediocre but passable starting safety from a R2 guy. Julius and Virgil were both far above average selections considering their draft positions. Nate was a bit of an injury bust, and could have been better, but even with injury he gives you about what you should expect from a late R3 pick; great ST play, versatility as a backup with bit-starter ability.

Expectation must always be tempered when looking at the draft, but we always seem to expect 4+ starters. I expect two  average to above average for their relative playing position starters from a draft, three is a great draft and four is a generational draft.

Of this past draft, I expect Bolles to be a slightly above average starting LT, DeAngelo to eventually be our starting RB and Walker to be an exciting if flawed pass rushing DL, who may be best in a career rotational role. Outside those three, I wont bet on anyone. Butt even when healthy was little more than a reliable chain mover and his athleticism may just be shot now. At best he is Joel Dressen level, but I wont put money down for someone with his type of knee injury history.

2 minutes ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

Yes. Franklin was above average for a R2 selection in that he started for years with us and gave us adequate play, and I will never stop touting how effective he and Vasquez were in mauling from the right side. Moore was about average for his draft position, I don't expect much more than a mediocre but passable starting safety from a R2 guy. Julius and Virgil were both far above average selections considering their draft positions. Nate was a bit of an injury bust, and could have been better, but even with injury he gives you about what you should expect from a late R3 pick; great ST play, versatility as a backup with bit-starter ability.

Expectation must always be tempered when looking at the draft, but we always seem to expect 4+ starters. I expect two  average to above average for their relative playing position starters from a draft, three is a great draft and four is a generational draft.

Of this past draft, I expect Bolles to be a slightly above average starting LT, DeAngelo to eventually be our starting RB and Walker to be an exciting if flawed pass rushing DL, who may be best in a career rotational role. Outside those three, I wont bet on anyone. Butt even when healthy was little more than a reliable chain mover and his athleticism may just be shot now. At best he is Joel Dressen level, but I wont put money down for someone with his type of knee injury history.

I disagree with you on Butt, I think he's going to be pretty good. I don't think he be a game-changing TE a la Gronk or Kelce but I think he has a nice long career. I think he's a 700--800 yards 6-7 TD per year guy in his prime. That's nice production out of a TE in an offense that is going to spread the ball around to the top 3 WRs, at least 2 RBs and the FB. 

I really suck at predicting RB performance so take my opinion with a grain of salt. Also It's always hard to tell early on because of the small sample size.. But I think he looks like a total stud so far. But then again, so did Juwan Thompson a couple pre-seasons ago. Henderson's built like a slightly larger version of MJD, but his running style reminds me a lot of Jonathan Stewart when he was young. He's definitely got me looking forward to seeing him more over the next couple weeks. I hope he can step up, cause we all know CJ is going to get injured at some point and we're gonna need someone.  

Archived