Week 4 - Raiders vs. Browns

big_palooka

1 hour ago, DawgX said:

What did you guys think of Baker?

Looks the part. Confident in the pocket (granted he wasn't pressured much), but was able to get out of several sacks. Does a good job keeping his eyes down field and throws with good velocity on the ball. He has that it factor you want in a QB. Browns finally got a good one. Now just get Hue Jackson out of there and get the ball in Chubb's hands more and good things will happen. 

3 hours ago, DawgX said:

What did you guys think of Baker?

I guess I'll be the negative guy.

Doesn't look like he'll ever amount to more than an average NFL starter, which is better than I thought going into the draft.  He has the "IT" factor you all speak of, but that's the main reason why he is Baker and not Johnny.

He is a rookie so some of this can be worked on.  I've seen a lot of crisp passes from him, but his decision making is no where near where it needs to be and his height is clearly an issue.  I can't remember the last time our dlineman had so many batted balls.

Only time will tell in this league, but I couldn't help thinking about how the Browns would win that game by 3 or 4 scores if they had Carr at QB. (which they should've)

1 hour ago, true2form said:

I guess I'll be the negative guy.

Doesn't look like he'll ever amount to more than an average NFL starter, which is better than I thought going into the draft.  He has the "IT" factor you all speak of, but that's the main reason why he is Baker and not Johnny.

He is a rookie so some of this can be worked on.  I've seen a lot of crisp passes from him, but his decision making is no where near where it needs to be and his height is clearly an issue.  I can't remember the last time our dlineman had so many batted balls.

Only time will tell in this league, but I couldn't help thinking about how the Browns would win that game by 3 or 4 scores if they had Carr at QB. (which they should've)

You're not wrong. I like his confidence as a player but he has limitations.  I had Rosen as my QB1 in this class and thought the Browns should have taken him.

Archived