Other coaching news

Lil' Shorty

13 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I said nothing about simplification. 

BB builds his schemes around his personnel. Thanks for giving the penultimate example of what I'm talking about. 😀

No. The problem is we’ve simplified it with duffner and apparently still doesn’t work. 

They confuse themselves when trying to confuse opposing offenses. 

Theres a difference between building schemes around personnel vs simplifying to vanilla. Belichick doesn’t draft stupid football players. The bucs do. 

2 hours ago, REDandPEWTER said:

No. The problem is we’ve simplified it with duffner and apparently still doesn’t work. 

They confuse themselves when trying to confuse opposing offenses. 

Theres a difference between building schemes around personnel vs simplifying to vanilla. Belichick doesn’t draft stupid football players. The bucs do. 

This has nothing to do with what I said. 😂

We wanna run a zone defense, draft players that excel at playing zone. We want safeties that can cover, bring in safeties that can cover. Don't draft big press man CBs and sign TJ Wards. It's that simple.

We want a RB that can pass block and catch the ball. Don't draft a RB that has never done either of those things.

It has nothing to do with simplification or football IQ. It has everything to do with getting the wrong personnel and trying to force it to work. And upon realizing it doesn't work, continuing to do it anyway.

55 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I would keep an eye on Rick Smith.  He took a family leave, but BOB and him didn t have a great working relationship.  Hopefully his wife can win her battle and he can resume his  career.

Good find. Definitely a good option here.

For GM I’d look for an organization that has built. Strong team through the draft and Fa. Patton from the Vikings. That roster is constructed with many good draft picks and solid Fa signings. 

Cheifs? - Mike Borgonzi who came from Philadelphia the last 10 years played a large part in constructing that organization that drafted Carson wentz who was not a slam dunk prospect 

My coaching list? 

- I understand we want a creative mind who adapts to the nfl today. Here’s who I’d take. 

Hire Bruce arians as a pro personal consultant. 

Hire mike Borgonzi as GM. Put together a strong staff. 

Hire matt lafleur as the HC. At first I wasn’t sold on him as he dialed back the play calling in Tennessee. Then when you hear about Mariotas pinched nerve in his throwing hand it’s understood. With QB now healthy you’re seeing a different offense and Lafleur seems to be doing a good job being creative. He’s been under Shannahan in Washington and McVay in LA. Vrabel is another guy who is an alpha that knows how to lead. Will we get him? I’m not sure. I know he’ll be the hot Coordinator candidate if he keeps this up though bc with mariota healthy the titans offense looks fantastic. 

Secondary options? 

-James betcher DC: If Arians takes a role in the FO his former DC will be on his wish list. Betcher is an aggressive play caller so you know  his approach will bring physicality. 

- Chris Peterson HC U of Washington : nfl executives have tried to land this guy from the college ranks but he’s dismissed the opportunity. With Washington being rebuilt on the college football map and made the CFP , Peterson May opt for the nfl. Spread formations are a thing in today’s game and he has coached physical defenses as well. 

- randy Fichtner OC Pittsburgh: very odd that’ teams don’t poach coaches from a well run organization. Fichtner has been the QB coach for 10 years and he is maximizing the talent in Pittsburgh. We have a ton of weapons at WR and TE. And he’s got a great reppoir with players that lead to his promotion. 

8 minutes ago, SappDaddyDance said:

Jason is also on the chopping block as well. I agree with what you said in another forum. This needs to be a complete clean house done from the coaches to the FO.

Jason Licht is a dumbass who drafts dumb football players. 

I know dirk deserves to go and he will. But there’s more to this story as well. It’s not just coaching. The players are accountable too. 

It wouldn’t surprise me to see dirk being a darn good OC again in this league. 

I think more than anything I’m curious to see what direction the Glazers go (hopefully not blindly). Young OC like LaFleur, vet retread like Harbaugh, first time HC who isn’t a hot OC name like Dan Campbell or Dave Toub, or a DC like Betcher.

GM needs to be in place first but ultimately the Glazers will hire a GM with the plan they like the most and that plan will have vision for a certain type of HC. 

Next storyline will honestly be what does the offense look like and what defensive formation do we run, cuz we do have a NT in Vea and could purge the roster.

12 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

I think more than anything I’m curious to see what direction the Glazers go (hopefully not blindly). Young OC like LaFleur, vet retread like Harbaugh, first time HC who isn’t a hot OC name like Dan Campbell or Dave Toub, or a DC like Betcher.

GM needs to be in place first but ultimately the Glazers will hire a GM with the plan they like the most and that plan will have vision for a certain type of HC. 

Next storyline will honestly be what does the offense look like and what defensive formation do we run, cuz we do have a NT in Vea and could purge the roster.

In the last 10 years we have tried them all.

Young Coordinator =  Raheem, was too young and wasn't ready to be a head coach if at all

Retread = Lovie Smith was way past his prime and once he couldn't get his DC from Dallas (wanted Merinelli but was blocked from doing so) along with epic fails at offensive coordinator and at his free agents (thanks Jason) led to that ending poorly

Offensive Mind = Dirk Kotter a coach that actually had failed as a HC in college at Arizona State and probably is better served being a lifelong coordinator (similar to soon to be fired Todd Bowles).

I just want the bad stink that we have on this franchise to vacate. Not sure where to go, unless you're going to Minnesota and taking DeFilipo who could have his choice of teams if the Vikings finish out strong

13 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

If the goal is to win the division as a key to a Super Bowl team, then I think Dan Campbell is the answer.  Easily the Bucs are the softest team in the division.  I wonder if Marinelli will be available for DC. He is longer the play caller in Dallas, and I think his contract is up.  I just wonder how much longer he wants to coach.  Campbell played for Marinelli in Detroit.  Obviously, the Glazers know Rod.  I m all in for some Oklahoma drill.

HC-Dan Campbell

OC-Zac Taylor

DC'-Rod Marinelli

Archived