Other coaching news

Lil' Shorty

15 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

The season of no reason.

And this statement represents the conodrum of this upcoming offseason.  Full blow up, or tweaks?  No QB or scheme along with personnel (short comings of oline) the problem?  Historically crappy defense that can never create a turnover, not one deflection  up in the air by a dline for a pick.  Awful defense that probably is going to finish top 15 or better in sacks.  Worst kicking in the league for 3 straight years.  

500 yds of offense leads to a 1-4 record so far.  I'm in the minority and that s okay, I say tweaks to the roster with a new regime.  A team can t have that type of capacity to move the ball and say "yup, we need to blow up the roster".  For example, I can live with D Smith at LT for next season if I can shore up the RG, which will allow my QB to step up consistently.  I can t have an offense be in the top 3 in QB hits allowed.  That is an oline personnel problem and scheme.

Eric Bieniemy is going to have multiple interviews.  He is involved with the game planning during the week.  On game day, Reid selects the plays, but Bienemy is relaying the plays to the QB from the sidelines.  KC does a really good job of stretching the field vertically and horizontally.  Crossing patterns and rub routes, who knew.  Doesn t hurt to see the success of Pedersen and Nagy.

13 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Eric Bieniemy is going to have multiple interviews.  He is involved with the game planning during the week.  On game day, Reid selects the plays, but Bienemy is relaying the plays to the QB from the sidelines.  KC does a really good job of stretching the field vertically and horizontally.  Crossing patterns and rub routes, who knew.  Doesn t hurt to see the success of Pedersen and Nagy.

Would DJax stay as our Tyreek?

12 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Would DJax stay as our Tyreek?

😀  Um no.  DJax doesn t seem like a guy playing slot or lining up in the back field.  I really like the simplicity of the offense with motion for window dressing.  Flexing Hill and Kelce to the same side so both can t be double teamed.  I mean the Bucs have done this plenty of times with Evans and Howard, right?

If Bieniemy goes, would nt surprise me to see Koetter in KC.  Reid may want contuinity at the OC because he would have lost his last 3.  Reid isn t giving up play calling, but Koetter and him go way back.  

3 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

😀  Um no.  DJax doesn t seem like a guy playing slot or lining up in the back field.  I really like the simplicity of the offense with motion for window dressing.  Flexing Hill and Kelce to the same side so both can t be double teamed.  I mean the Bucs have done this plenty of times with Evans and Howard, right?

If Bieniemy goes, would nt surprise me to see Koetter in KC.  Reid may want contuinity at the OC because he would have lost his last 3.  Reid isn t giving up play calling, but Koetter and him go way back.  

I'd be interested in seeing that offense without a guys who's fast af. Seems like Tyreek is a huge part of the offense. I wonder if (or how much) they'd adjust.

19 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I'd be interested in seeing that offense without a guys who's fast af. Seems like Tyreek is a huge part of the offense. I wonder if (or how much) they'd adjust.

Hill is a big part.  KCs screen game is so much more diverse.  Bucs have screen to Humphries from the left slot and that s about it.  I appreciate an offense that uses crossing patterns to try and beat man coverage some times.  

As much as I believe the Glazers are going to try and land a big name HC, certainly there is no guarantee it will happen.

After Bieniemy and Dan Campbell, I don t know who I like.  LaFleur seems meh. DeFilipio maybe, not sure.  Schwartz under whelming, sorry @bucsfan333.  Monken won t happen.  Pete Carmichael has been a candidate forever.  Really shocking if they go college again.  

6 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

As much as I believe the Glazers are going to try and land a big name HC, certainly there is no guarantee it will happen.

After Bieniemy and Dan Campbell, I don t know who I like.  LaFleur seems meh. DeFilipio maybe, not sure.  Schwartz under whelming, sorry @bucsfan333.  Monken won t happen.  Pete Carmichael has been a candidate forever.  Really shocking if they go college again.  

I was all about Schwartz mainly to steal from the Eagles. And hopefully he'd make our defense a little more mean.

I'm not interested anymore.

32 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Curious give me your best of the rest candidates when we exclude Harbaugh, Arians, and McCarthy.

Doesn't mean we have a chance, or they're even really available. And in no particular order:

John DeFillipo

Lincoln Riley

Pete Carmichael

Dave Toub

Josh McDaniels is another option. But stealing from the Pats always makes me nervous because that whole team is BB and Brady.

21 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Doesn't mean we have a chance, or they're even really available. And in no particular order:

John DeFillipo

Lincoln Riley

Pete Carmichael

Dave Toub

Josh McDaniels is another option. But stealing from the Pats always makes me nervous because that whole team is BB and Brady.

Cool thanks.  I believe the hype that if a college coach makes the jump it will be Chris Petersen.  He is now 54 and not making a ton of money at Washington.  If he is going to make the jump, the time is soon.  He has shown an ability to build an effective staff.  I get the feeling he wouldn t go to a big market.  He s my wild card in the coaching search this offseason.  Certainly, why would any college coach make the jump?  There is appeal to get away from recruiting kids to build your team.  Plus, individual goals can t be discounted.

3 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Cool thanks.  I believe the hype that if a college coach makes the jump it will be Chris Petersen.  He is now 54 and not making a ton of money at Washington.  If he is going to make the jump, the time is soon.  He has shown an ability to build an effective staff.  I get the feeling he wouldn t go to a big market.  He s my wild card in the coaching search this offseason.  Certainly, why would any college coach make the jump?  There is appeal to get away from recruiting kids to build your team.  Plus, individual goals can t be discounted.

He's mentioned in the article I posted. Matt LaFleur too.

Archived