Other coaching news

Lil' Shorty

Koetter’s still clearly got the locker room behind him. If the unthinkable happens and we win out and he returns, they better correct some bone headed things from this season. Bringing DJax back and the RG rotation are two of them. Next week against a mad Saints team will be interesting. We win that and I’m gonna start having hope.

2 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

Koetter’s still clearly got the locker room behind him. If the unthinkable happens and we win out and he returns, they better correct some bone headed things from this season. Bringing DJax back and the RG rotation are two of them. Next week against a mad Saints team will be interesting. We win that and I’m gonna start having hope.

I respectfully disagree the entire locker room is behind him.  There is one pretty important guy in the locker room, I wouldn t be so sure about respecting Koetter.  The guys are being professional and bringing effort, which previous Bucs teams didn t.  We ll see if it is enough to save Koetter.  I am glad they are winning.

10 hours ago, ravishingone said:

I respectfully disagree the entire locker room is behind him.  There is one pretty important guy in the locker room, I wouldn t be so sure about respecting Koetter.  The guys are being professional and bringing effort, which previous Bucs teams didn t.  We ll see if it is enough to save Koetter.  I am glad they are winning.

If you’re talking Winston , the one who lied to the organization about his shenningans off the field, then I don’t blame koetter for how he treated him. In my opinion, Koetter wanted to move on from him after the suspension details came out and he lost to Licht and ownership 

4 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

It's fun to see how everyone's minds change when we win some games. 😂

Nah, I think Koetter should be done regardless.

Scheme has been an issue and that’s ultimately the HC. We still have far too many games where it looks like we’re just not ready to play.

Licht probably goes too in that case. How many GMs have 1 winning season yet manage to survive to head coach number 3? 

The only way they could stay is if the perfect storm happens of better jobs being available (e.g. Green Bay) and not enough quality candidates being available to fill them all.

Personally I want to bring in someone new.  The running game sucks three years in a row and I’m convinced any decent OC can get the most out of these weapons. Just has to be the right fit. Needs to be someone with modern day passing/run concepts. Warhop is a bad OL coach. Monken can stay but everyone on the staff and GM can go and I wont lose any sleep. I see an 8-8 finish T2 with CAR. glazers will make that call and i have a feeling they wont clean house.

1 hour ago, indifference said:

Personally I want to bring in someone new.  The running game sucks three years in a row and I’m convinced any decent OC can get the most out of these weapons. Just has to be the right fit. Needs to be someone with modern day passing/run concepts. Warhop is a bad OL coach. Monken can stay but everyone on the staff and GM can go and I wont lose any sleep. I see an 8-8 finish T2 with CAR. glazers will make that call and i have a feeling they wont clean house.

Dan Campbell and keep Monken? In all honesty I think Monken is loyal to Koetter, but if I’m reading your post right maybe the Glazers don’t fire Monken when they fire Licht and Koetter?

Bottom line we need someone who can get the right OC and QB coaches in place along with DC. The fact we have zero running game and guys like Quizz outsnap Barber at times blows my mind. Who knows if that would change if Monken stays the OC. 

DeFilippo and LaFleur have cooled. Maybe Belimeny?

1 hour ago, Lil' Shorty said:

Dan Campbell and keep Monken? In all honesty I think Monken is loyal to Koetter, but if I’m reading your post right maybe the Glazers don’t fire Monken when they fire Licht and Koetter?

Bottom line we need someone who can get the right OC and QB coaches in place along with DC. The fact we have zero running game and guys like Quizz outsnap Barber at times blows my mind. Who knows if that would change if Monken stays the OC. 

Is Belimeny even the play caller or is it Reid? 

1 hour ago, Lil' Shorty said:

Hire a Defensive minded HC and let Monken run the offense. 

15 minutes ago, indifference said:

Hire a Defensive minded HC and let Monken run the offense. 

I think it may be hard to do this... I know its happened before but not sure if it will again.  Only thing is its the #1 offense in the league and someone may want Monken to be an HC

Archived