Other coaching news

Lil' Shorty

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

Wow, Dallas really flies to the ball, man do I miss the good old days on defense.  I can see why Richard is gaining momentum

Did it in Seattle and doing it again in Dallas. If he brings his defensive coaching style to the HC spot it wouldn’t be a bad thing. How would he assemble his staff is the question. Same with another new guy like Campbell. 

5 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

Did it in Seattle and doing it again in Dallas. If he brings his defensive coaching style to the HC spot it wouldn’t be a bad thing. How would he assemble his staff is the question. Same with another new guy like Campbell. 

Yeah, the coordinators are interesting who they can get.  Does Richard recruit Bevell?   Campbell with Taylor?  No one really knows.  There was no apparent connection to McVay and Wade Phillips, but they became a combo.  

At this point as long as Koetter doesn't return I m good.  I just can t get around his loyalty to his staff and the lack of the running game and awful special teams for 3 yrs.

2 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Yeah, the coordinators are interesting who they can get.  Does Richard recruit Bevell?   Campbell with Taylor?  No one really knows.  There was no apparent connection to McVay and Wade Phillips, but they became a combo.  

At this point as long as Koetter doesn't return I m good.  I just can t get around his loyalty to his staff and the lack of the running game and awful special teams for 3 yrs.

With Koetter I feel it’s so hard to actually assess this team. Is a Barber/RoJo combo that bad or is it just the OL or both? Is Jameis a turnover machine or just been forced into low percentage passes his whole NFL career? Do our DBs completely suck or are we just not playing them to their strengths? Etc.

I don’t know the answers to all those questions but I’m willing to bet that with better coaching and a staff that properly assesses this team, a few little changes and we could see a significant turn around.

3 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

With Koetter I feel it’s so hard to actually assess this team. Is a Barber/RoJo combo that bad or is it just the OL or both? Is Jameis a turnover machine or just been forced into low percentage passes his whole NFL career? Do our DBs completely suck or are we just not playing them to their strengths? Etc.

I don’t know the answers to all those questions but I’m willing to bet that with better coaching and a staff that properly assesses this team, a few little changes and we could see a significant turn around.

Koetter had 4 years in the organization, it is time.  The Bucs are not devoid of talent, but without a more solid oline they don t have a chance. Vertical passing with a suspect oline whose QB is the leading rusher, not exactly a recipe for success.  The special teams has been a killer.  Leaving points on the field, constantly losing field position on returns because of penalties.  Hard to argue that the special team woes arent coaching related.  

I don t care that the Glazers struck out the last 4 HC coaching searches, I know Koetter is not an elite HC.

7 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

Rumors Reggie McKenzie will be out in Oakland. Do you like him for our GM spot? Who would he look at for HC?

If the Glazers want to go retread GM, I think Ireland, Pioli, and @bucsfan333 favorite Xanders are a better option.  The Glazer family hasn t hired a GM first since McKay, maybe that is the switch with the coaching search this time.

8 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

If the Glazers want to go retread GM, I think Ireland, Pioli, and @bucsfan333 favorite Xanders are a better option.  The Glazer family hasn t hired a GM first since McKay, maybe that is the switch with the coaching search this time.

If we go Ireland you can go ahead and pencil in Dan Campbell for HC. Wasn't Ireland an mess in Miami though?

10 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

If we go Ireland you can go ahead and pencil in Dan Campbell for HC. Wasn't Ireland an mess in Miami though?

He isn t exactly politically correct  but I guarantee the team won t play soft.   Ireland has made it known he wants to be a GM again, and he is from the Parcells tree so Campbell makes sense.

24 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

He isn t exactly politically correct  but I guarantee the team won t play soft.   Ireland has made it known he wants to be a GM again, and he is from the Parcells tree so Campbell makes sense.

I couldn't care less about political correctness. If he can assemble a team and get the right HC in place then go for it. I just hope that the team is run with an innovative 2018 touch rather than "defense wins championships" and expected to win 13-9 games. 

6 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Well the silver lining in the season is Nassib and Whitehead.  I really can t see a new regime switching to a 3-4.  Nassib and JPP both can t play OLB and are certainly not 5 techniques.  

Not having the guys to switch from a 4/3 to a 3/4 hasn't stopped many people from trying. 😂

I'd rather stick with the 4/3. Vea and probably Gholston are really the only two in the front seven who could make the transition easily. But we'd sacrifice the abilities of David and McCoy and ruin a good thing with JPP and Nassib at DE.

31 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Not having the guys to switch from a 4/3 to a 3/4 hasn't stopped many people from trying. 😂

I'd rather stick with the 4/3. Vea and probably Gholston are really the only two in the front seven who could make the transition easily. But we'd sacrifice the abilities of David and McCoy and ruin a good thing with JPP and Nassib at DE.

This is true to actually have pass rushing DEs and of course change the scheme.  

It s been a long season, I m ready for it to end.  The blocked punt was the cherry on top of the Koetter tenure.  We just saw it coming with the missed FGs and bad penalties.  Taysom Hill a main character in another Bucs tragedy.

2 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Speaking of switching to a 3/4 defense without anyone that can make the transition....

Rex is a great character and while I m a fan of press coverage, I have little interest in 2 gapping in today s NFL.  I hope he gets a job somewhere in the NFL, just not Tampa.

Archived